Poll: How do you prefer your Grits?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Grits Thread
2 cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 tbsp butter
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic salt
2 servings cooked grits

Saute shrimp in skillet with butter, pepper, and garlic salt for 7 minutes over medium heat. Serve over large portion of hot grits.

I'm not a very good cook, but I like this recipe because it's easy. If you're ever in Charleston, eat at Tommy Condon's. Their shrimp and grits is the best!! The shrimp is cooked in a creamy gravy, but I've never asked about the recipe. It has little green onions, and the gravy tastes sort of like lobster bisque, only it has shrimp in it. Makes a great main course, especially for Lent.

I will drink orange juice with my bacon!  :)

(02-22-2010, 10:39 PM)cathkath Wrote: I will drink orange juice with my bacon!   :)

LOL yes, well, that's different. ;) Dunno why, but it just is...
Thank you for the recipe! I'll have to try that one soon.
(02-22-2010, 08:09 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: And trust me, I'm fasting.  Even brussels sprouts sound good right now.   ;D

In that case, you should read through this thread:  http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33208274

They're on tomorrow night's menu, I just haven't decided what they're accompanying, yet.
I like my grits much like the original poster: with butter, salt, ground black pepper, cheese, and a side of eggs.  I've never tried them sweet and never plan to.  I usually switch between grits and oatmeal.  If I want something sweet I'll make oatmeal and if I want something savory I'll make some grits.
My dad used to love grits... lots of butter.  I'll have to get some next time I go to the grocery store - I'm getting hungry for them.

Almost thought this thread was about this till I started reading it...

Never had them, though they served them every morning at the dining hall when I was in college.  It was right next to the oatmeal.  But I usually don't eat breakfast, so I never had occasion to try them.  I have to say, though, that the name sounds pretty bad  :laughing:
(02-23-2010, 04:13 PM)Joamy Wrote: My dad used to love grits... lots of butter.  I'll have to get some next time I go to the grocery store - I'm getting hungry for them.

Almost thought this thread was about this till I started reading it...

That's a wonderful movie, though  :laughing:
(02-23-2010, 06:12 PM)cgraye Wrote: Never had them, though they served them every morning at the dining hall when I was in college.  It was right next to the oatmeal.  But I usually don't eat breakfast, so I never had occasion to try them.  I have to say, though, that the name sounds pretty bad  :laughing:

You can, and should, eat them at any time.

The name is strong.