Poll: How do you prefer your Grits?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Grits Thread
Yeah, it would probably taste like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup - one of Hershey's best inventions ever!

I'm getting hungry too.  Maybe I'd better quit on the recipes until after dinner tonight. ;)
(02-25-2010, 02:17 PM)Texican Wrote: Hope you like French cooking - I was recently given some old books by Jacques Pepin, and picked up a book about French cooking at a local bookstore, so I'll be reading those, 'cause that's all Greek to me.

I can probably share some S. Texas border recipes ( AKA Tex-Mex), although not many of them are very good for Lent.

I'll trade you for more baking recipes, 'cause I don't do a whole lot of baking, except for cornbread and biscuits.  Oh, and brownies, now.  ;D
And I've noticed that Satori hasn't been posting her recipes, like she has in the past...

What kind of recipes do you want?
(02-25-2010, 04:14 PM)Satori Wrote: What kind of recipes do you want?

Oh, I don't know...  surprise me!  Something without rodents, though...

;D
(02-25-2010, 04:53 PM)Texican Wrote:
(02-25-2010, 04:14 PM)Satori Wrote: What kind of recipes do you want?

Oh, I don't know...  surprise me!  Something without rodents, though...

;D

Watch 2:30 minutes in. You'll see my style of cookery.

[video=youtube] [/video]

[video=youtube]

[/video]
If you like, Texican, I can post my recipe for what I call "banker brownies." I call them this because they are rich, darkly powerful, and do evil things to your bottom line. They are the best brownies I've ever had, and they are destroying my attempts at lenten food chastity.
Mmmm...  chocolate!   

:eats: 

(you can take that as a yes... ;D  )

I fear no calorie!

maybe the punishment at the gym, later...
Here you go, banker brownies:

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream
3/4 cup cocoa powder or 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, whisk the cocoa or melted baking chocolate into the melted butter. Stir in the sugar, then the yogurt or sour cream. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until very creamy. Stir in the flour, salt, and vanilla. Pour into a greased 9 by 13 pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cut immediately.

Now don't let me ever catch you using a brownie mix again!
http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/feat...atc/grits/