Poll: How do you prefer your Grits?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Grits Thread
I hope you all like this cause grits ain't groceries;

Enjoy, I'm runnin' through the jungle fightin' lions with a switch,
tim
ps im too dumb to put the you tube up right.
I got some real grits today!

I also got the fixins for some real salsa and guacamole. Party tonight/tomorrow!

Mass was also sung, and was quite beautiful. Nice to hear and see such a beautiful mass with a young priest and with (apparently) a young deacon.
*Mannelig has a new job.
*He's living large with guacamole and salsa.
*He's got a great parish.
*Incredibly, he no longer needs Fisheaters

It's official: Herr_Mannelig is my new hero.
Well, the brownies won the coin toss(and they were very good! ), so the peanut butter cake gets baked on Sat., God-willing. 
Still, i was thinking about peanut butter, so I spread a bit of peanut butter on a brownie, and wolfed that down.  Yum!

Thanks for the recipes, Satori and SearchingCatholic
Texican, if you like Chocolate and Peanut Butter, here's a recipe for you....
This is one rich and uber decadent pie! Enjoy! :)
(BTW, it's not a "from scratch" recipe exactly, but you could always alter that if you like by making your own brownie mix and pie crust.)

Mile High Peanut Butter Brownie Pie

1 Refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
1 box (15.5 oz) Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
1/4 cup Reese's peanut butter chips (And these MUST be Reese's! I've tried others and they fall so very sadly short)
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
3 tablespoons water
1 egg
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons Peanuts, chopped
2 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll pie crust; place in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie; flute edge.
2. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, peanut butter chips, oil, water and egg 50 strokes with spoon. Pour batter into crust-lined pie plate.
3. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, covering edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown and center of brownie is set. Cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour or until completely cooled.
4. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture over brownie. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
That looks great, Mommie, but may I take this opportunity to climb on my semantical soapbox and urge you not to use the word "decadent" to describe delicious food, or, indeed, anything positive? The word "decadent" describes an advanced state of decay. It would be disgusting to eat decadent food.
I am eating grits right now.
(03-11-2010, 06:46 PM)Satori Wrote: That looks great, Mommie, but may I take this opportunity to climb on my semantical soapbox and urge you not to use the word "decadent" to describe delicious food, or, indeed, anything positive? The word "decadent" describes an advanced state of decay. It would be disgusting to eat decadent food.

Stinky tofu (chou dofu) = truly decadent food.
(02-25-2010, 02:43 PM)SearchingCatholic Wrote: Here's another cake recipe that my family loves, a peanut butter cake:

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup water
1 cup butter
2 unbeaten eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk

Mix flour, sugar, soda & salt.  Set aside.  Mix peanut butter, butter & water in saucepan.  Bring to a rapid boil.  Pour peanut butter mixture over dry ingredients.  Mix well.  Add eggs & buttermilk.  Mix well.  Pour into greased & floured sheet cake pan.  Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.

Frost with your favorite icing.

For frosting, I just put a stick of butter (softenend), some peanut butter (whatever looks good) a teaspoon of vanilla.  Beat together, add powdered sugar and adjust by taste - adding whatever is necessary.  Use milk to adjust thickness.

My kids LOVE this! ;D

I made this with the chocolate frosting, last night, once my housework was done.  It's now known (by me) as the Reese's Smucker's Peanut Butter Cup Cake.  My home still smells like chocolate chip-peanut butter cookies.  :eats:

If this keeps up, i'm going to have to get a bigger memory card for my phone, just to store the recipes...
Not that that's a bad thing.  ;D
(03-11-2010, 06:25 PM)Mommie2Boys Wrote: Texican, if you like Chocolate and Peanut Butter, here's a recipe for you....
This is one rich and uber decadent pie! Enjoy! :)
(BTW, it's not a "from scratch" recipe exactly, but you could always alter that if you like by making your own brownie mix and pie crust.)

Mile High Peanut Butter Brownie Pie

1 Refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
1 box (15.5 oz) Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
1/4 cup Reese's peanut butter chips (And these MUST be Reese's! I've tried others and they fall so very sadly short)
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
3 tablespoons water
1 egg
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 tablespoons Peanuts, chopped
2 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll pie crust; place in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie; flute edge.
2. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, peanut butter chips, oil, water and egg 50 strokes with spoon. Pour batter into crust-lined pie plate.
3. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, covering edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown and center of brownie is set. Cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour or until completely cooled.
4. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture over brownie. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.

That's next!  I think I'll make my own crust, though.  And the brownie batter.
Thanks Mommie2Boys!

My oven and mixer are getting a workout lately.