Try to avoid smoking
Hi..
This is very interesting posting for them who smoke the cigarette and many bad habit like this. It affects on our health .Smoking is dangerous to health. Smoking affects the brain which is highly dangerous later in life.
For avoid that first Prepare mentally before you stop smoking.
1. Take a long walk in nature and Relax with a good book
2. Head to the gym for a workout and a swim.
3. Go outside with friends who do not smoke.
3. Enjoy the life positively.
Thanks.
Do you have a light?
(02-24-2010, 07:58 AM)addymark Wrote: Relax with a good book [and a pipe]

Perfect advice.  I'll do that Friday after breakfast.  :pipe:
(02-24-2010, 05:06 PM)Texican Wrote: Do you have a light?

:laughing:
Strange 1st post at Fisheaters...

BTW: there is no such thing as "try to avoid smoking".  Smoking is a conscious act.  If you want to quit smoking, you just quit smoking.
(02-24-2010, 10:05 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Strange 1st post at Fisheaters...

BTW: there is no such thing as "try to avoid smoking".  Smoking is a conscious act.  If you want to quit smoking, you just quit smoking.

not if you are the sole American distributor of Smoke-B-Gone.

:tiphat:
Cold turkey is the only way to go. I quit about 2 weeks ago, and I feel fine. I have no incredibly debilitating desire to go and smoke like I did the first day or two. This is from a pack a day.

I don't think smoking is inherently evil or anything, but smoking a pack a day is definitely a sin in my opinion, especially if you smoke those big tabacco brands, Camel, Marlboro, Kools, Basic, whatever.

Pipes are much better for you and taste better and smell better to those who do not like ciggarette smoke.
2 weeks is just long enough to be cocky about quitting.  Let us know how you're doing at 3 months.  Statistically speaking, the time for regression to smoking occurs between 2 and 3 months after quitting.

I put down the cigs after smoking 3 packs a day.  Cold turkey (like you said, that's the only way to quit).  Then I dedicated my struggle to the good Lord and it's the only way I made it.
I quit about 10 months ago....I quit for every pregnancy, usually start again after the 9 months. I am pretty sure Im done with it this time though, the cravings come and go, 2 weeks isnt long enough to get cocky about it!
I quit a long time ago, when I opened my big mouth and said that if they went up another twenty-five cents, I was going to quit.  As luck would have it, a week later, the price went up.  I was too proud to go back on my word, especially when I was called on it, so I just gave away the half of a pack that I still had. 
I've smoked a couple, here and there, through the years, but they make me sick when I do, so I don't really get the urge.