Try to avoid smoking
(03-11-2010, 02:40 AM)LoveJLove Wrote: Thanks Stv I would like some more info and would appreciate if you send me a PM thank you.

Ok! I'll send you info in a few hours.
Thank you! I have received the info and will read it now. :)
I'm in the middle of week 4 of quitting and boy do I miss cigarettes! I mean, I'm on the patch (Up-and-Up brand, available at Target, is the best I've ever found), so I don't get terrible cravings: I can even drink and be around people who smoke and not break down. But, I like smoking! It tastes good, it feels good, it passes the time, it makes you look like a rebel... Alas. The major downsides are that it's expensive, it hurts me, and it makes me feel bad. (Those of you who smoke probably understand the contradiction here.) At least I don't run out of breath in the middle of a rosary anymore  ;)

Also, kudos to you folks who have quit cold turkey. If I tried to do that, I'd still be smoking.
Been years for me. I stopped paying attention at 7 . The last time I took a drag I wath me mam and she had to get somethin from her purse so she said
"Here"
So I just instinctively took it and dragged without thinkin.
This was around 7 years after quiting. I never coughed that hard in my life and thought me number was up when I began to puke and couldn't breath.
Vile.
Phew.
(03-11-2010, 05:20 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(03-11-2010, 04:51 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote:
(02-26-2010, 01:28 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: LOL we're all gonna die of cancer...its just a matter of which one. Ill prbably die of lung cancer, I started smoking when I was 12, im sure after 13 years Ive done plenty of damage.

How did you start smoking at 12 :/
I would get my older brothers and sisters (who all smoked) to buy me cigarettes. I started drinking when I was 12 too...I mwas kind of a messed up kid.

Late to the party, but I started drinking when I was 13 and started smoking and chewing tobacco when I was 14.  I dunno if I was messed up since all my friends started drinking and smoking at the same time.

My son is going to be 14 this year.... yikes.  Time to bolt down the booze.
I smoked for 20+ years. I got tired of being jacked around with taxes, so I poked around and discovered the electronic cigarette. Now I vape (electronic smoking). Works for me.  :)
(04-16-2010, 11:04 PM)Jenn Wrote: I smoked for 20+ years. I got tired of being jacked around with taxes, so I poked around and discovered the electronic cigarette. Now I vape (electronic smoking). Works for me.  :)

Me too! It a great alternative for people that need a middle of the road alternative, and much safer than puffing tobacco.
(04-17-2010, 05:51 AM)stvincentferrer Wrote:
(04-16-2010, 11:04 PM)Jenn Wrote: I smoked for 20+ years. I got tired of being jacked around with taxes, so I poked around and discovered the electronic cigarette. Now I vape (electronic smoking). Works for me.  :)

Me too! It a great alternative for people that need a middle of the road alternative, and much safer than puffing tobacco.

Wow. A fellow vaper!  ;D Do you have a favorite flavor? I'm partial to mint.
Yeah, I think we're the only two vapers here. I've attempted to get other FE smokers to check these e-cigs out but don't know if I've been successful.

I buy cheap juice from a place in California and I like their apple and blueberry flavors. I've tried more expensive juices like Totally Wicked and Ecopure but haven't detected any difference in quality, taste-wise, to that of the cheap stuff. I hope the FDA approves e-cigs at some point, so they can become mainstream. They are a great option for someone who can't kick the nicotine addiction and the oral fixation, but doesn't need the tobacco and all the carcinogens.
What model(s) do you use? I use the DSE-901, DSE-801, and the Joye 510. The 510 is my favorite. I started out on the 901.