Try to avoid smoking
(04-18-2010, 01:55 AM)stvincentferrer Wrote: What model(s) do you use? I use the DSE-901, DSE-801, and the Joye 510. The 510 is my favorite. I started out on the 901.

I started out on the 510 and I didn't like it. Too much fiddling so I tried the KR808D which I really, really like it. I haven't tried any other models.

(04-18-2010, 01:51 AM)stvincentferrer Wrote: Yeah, I think we're the only two vapers here. I've attempted to get other FE smokers to check these e-cigs out but don't know if I've been successful.

I buy cheap juice from a place in California and I like their apple and blueberry flavors. I've tried more expensive juices like Totally Wicked and Ecopure but haven't detected any difference in quality, taste-wise, to that of the cheap stuff. I hope the FDA approves e-cigs at some point, so they can become mainstream. They are a great option for someone who can't kick the nicotine addiction and the oral fixation, but doesn't need the tobacco and all the carcinogens.
I haven't tried either TW or Ecopure, but I like the liquid from MFS (myfreedomsmokes), TastyVapor, and sometimes StrictlyEJuice (when they are on the ball). I'm waiting on an order from DIYFlavorshack, who I had to try because they won the award for the best eliquid supplier. I simply *must* try their spiced fried apples flavor.  ;D
Freaks!!
So creepy. I dunno but if I still smoocked I wouldn't be puffin on no plug. U never know. U could very well suck back a lightin bolt God forbid.
Keep it simple. Roll it light it, enjoy it
Niff said
(04-19-2010, 08:44 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Freaks!!
So creepy. I dunno but if I still smoocked I wouldn't be puffin on no plug. U never know. U could very well suck back a lightin bolt God forbid.
Niff said

lol! Nah.  ;)
StrictlyEJuice is the place I order from. I've heard bad things about them, but I've always been satisfied with my orders.

Never heard of DIYFlavorShack. Just had a look, and their prices are steep for the mixed juices, but I think I'm going to order the DIY KIT. Do you get more bang for you buck if it you mix the juices yourself?
Niff said

I smoked for 15 years, and the last five years I RYO'ed. Cigarettes prices got so steep that I was forced to go that route. But e-cigs are better by a long shot. I haven't given up anything switching over. I've been using e-cigs for over a year and haven't missed cancer sticks one iota.
(04-19-2010, 03:01 PM)stvincentferrer Wrote: StrictlyEJuice is the place I order from. I've heard bad things about them, but I've always been satisfied with my orders.

Never heard of DIYFlavorShack. Just had a look, and their prices are steep for the mixed juices, but I think I'm going to order the DIY KIT. Do you get more bang for you buck if it you mix the juices yourself?

Yes, you definitely do get more bang for your buck. I mix a few flavors when I feel like it --mostly cinnamon and apple and vanilla flavors.
(04-18-2010, 01:51 AM)stvincentferrer Wrote: Yeah, I think we're the only two vapers here. I've attempted to get other FE smokers to check these e-cigs out but don't know if I've been successful.

No, actually, Jenn got me started on them.  :laughing:

I vape sometimes.  My biggest complaint is all the equipment to fiddle with, refilling carts, etc. 

Most of the pre-packaged ejuice has an off taste to me.  I was planning to try DIYFlavorShack and see if I like that better.
Niff said

Actually, they're lithium batteries (the same used in laptops and cell phones) so probably what could happen is a fire or explosion.  :laughing:

On the auto batteries, the switch is apparently magnetic sensitive.  I put one down by my cellphone case which has a magnet closure, and it kicked on and got real hot before I noticed it.  Though, supposedly they have auto-off after so many seconds.

(04-20-2010, 05:03 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

No, actually, Jenn got me started on them.   :laughing:

I vape sometimes.  My biggest complaint is all the equipment to fiddle with, refilling carts, etc. 

Most of the pre-packaged ejuice has an off taste to me.  I was planning to try DIYFlavorShack and see if I like that better.

When I'm home I use a passthrough. Solves the inconvenience of having to recharge batteries all the time. And I use the dripping method instead of adding juice to carts. I get a much stronger vape this way. My only complaint about e-cigs is shelf life. I wish the parts lasted longer. Even passthroughs stop working after 3-4 months, at least in my experience, and batteries and atomizers are lucky to last 3-4 weeks at optimal performance.

But it's still less expensive to refresh supplies than to buy regular cigs so I suppose it's not a big deal.

For the Vape-ers:  My husband has expressed interest in cutting down\getting rid of his smoking habit since the baby's on his way. Since I've known him he's smoked but what was once a "maybe one cig a day" habit has bloomed into way more under a really stressful job. He went to the all-natural American Spirit cigarettes, but he still doesn't want to smell like smoke when he comes home and holds the baby. Would these e-cigs help him out? What exactly are you "vapeing"? Are there any that don't taste like apple pie? lol Not sure how he'd like those...he was a huge fan of cloves but I think that's as flavored as he goes on a regular basis. ;)