Greetings from Sweden
Engelbrecht, welcome to the message board! ...and hopefully soon to Catholicism!

To respond positively to such yearnings, you are truly an honest-hearted soul who is earnestly seeking to find and know Truth. You are a pearl of great price, one sought out by our Saviour to merit from His infinite sufferings on the Cross, one who consoled Him during this agony. I tell you with absolute certitude that your search is over. Embrace the Truth you have found and rest here. Then, upon you our Heavenly Father will smile and say: "Thy faith hath made thee whole; go thy way in peace."
INPEFESS,

Thank you for your encouraging words!
(03-01-2010, 08:54 PM)Engelbrecht Wrote: No, not at all. Finnish is totally foreign to me. Maybe you who seems to be educated in languages can tell me the origins of Finnish, because it puzzles me. It seems to be related to Hungarian, but I´m not sure.
It is Finno-Ugric. It is not Indo-European (Sanskrit and Swedish have more in common than Swedish and Finnish). You are correct; it is indeed related to Hungarian. Estonian is the other major language in the family.

I know two Finnish things: Siperia opettaa ("Siberia teaches", ie, "You'll learn the hard way") and "vittu" (impolite noun, which when directly translated into English, is also a very common and vulgar verb...).

I know this in Swedish for when talking to Finns though: "Jeg vill att du talar svenska". I know much svenska grammar and some basic vocabulary. I probably speak it with a strong accent though, but I think I'd be understandable for what I can say. I can't do my "r"s like you guys though...I am working on that.

Quote:I think internet forums are a better place to look for trolls...  ;)
Yeah, but I can hope. I do want to find a skogsrå though...they sound very interesting.

Quote:No. But if you want it really bad maybe I can be of assistance.
Thanks, maybe if you want a custom rosary, I could trade one for it? That way, you can get a custom made rosary over seas for the price of a children's book and I can get a book which I can't get any other way.
:tiphat:
(03-02-2010, 11:32 AM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: It is Finno-Ugric. It is not Indo-European (Sanskrit and Swedish have more in common than Swedish and Finnish). You are correct; it is indeed related to Hungarian. Estonian is the other major language in the family.

OK. Is it known where it originated from? I mean geographicly speaking.

(03-02-2010, 11:32 AM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: ...and "vittu" (impolite noun, which when directly translated into English, is also a very common and vulgar verb...).

Hmmm.... Spontaneously I associate it with a Swedish word that is by all means vulgar.... But itś not a verb. I don't know the English word, but in Swedish it's substantiv - a thing.

(03-02-2010, 11:32 AM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: Thanks, maybe if you want a custom rosary, I could trade one for it? That way, you can get a custom made rosary over seas for the price of a children's book and I can get a book which I can't get any other way.

It's not what I had in mind. I was merely thinking of sending you the book. But that sounds like a very good deal. Actually it's hard to find a rosary over here. At least in the relatively small town where I live. I PM you later and maybe we can set up the details.
Tjänare Engelbrecht!

Välkommen till FE.
Jag er inte särskild aktiv här just nu, men har varit aktiv förut.
Kommer från Norge, så defor går jeg rett og slett direkte over til å skrive norsk i stedet for svensk!
Du er i SSPX-miljøet? Da har vi definitivt felles kjente. Jeg er også aktiv der.
Velkommen!
Hej Varus!

Nej, jag är inte aktiv inom SSPX. Men jag funderar starkt på det.
Jag läser mycket om SSPX och följer med i vad som skrivs.
Jag skulle vilja gå en mässa med dem. De håller mässor i Stockholm ibland.
Javisst er det messer i Stockholm.
En gang hver måned, tror jeg. Har hørt det er et bra gjeng der nå.

Går du i ICK messene, kanskje?
Hey.  Hello, and Good day to you Sir. Welcome to the tank! Very good to meet you. :tiphat:
(03-08-2010, 02:50 PM)Varus Wrote: Javisst er det messer i Stockholm.
En gang hver måned, tror jeg. Har hørt det er et bra gjeng der nå.

Går du i ICK messene, kanskje?

Ah the fun one can have with google translator...