Greetings from Sweden
(03-09-2010, 10:09 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote:
(03-08-2010, 02:50 PM)Varus Wrote: Javisst er det messer i Stockholm.
En gang hver måned, tror jeg. Har hørt det er et bra gjeng der nå.

Går du i ICK messene, kanskje?

Ah the fun one can have with google translator...

Matthew,

I bet. Could you show how it came out?
(03-08-2010, 02:50 PM)Varus Wrote: Javisst er det messer i Stockholm.
En gang hver måned, tror jeg. Har hørt det er et bra gjeng der nå.

Går du i ICK messene, kanskje?

Nej. Fast de är närmare mig, faktiskt. Kanske skulle prova att gå på en sådan.
Fast jag känner osäker som det är att gå på reguljära mässor, så jag är tveksam till om jag skulle kunna hänga med i en Latinsk mässa än.
(03-09-2010, 10:09 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: Ah the fun one can have with google translator...

Is this a polite way of telling us to switch to English..?
(03-09-2010, 04:11 PM)Engelbrecht Wrote:
(03-09-2010, 10:09 AM)matthew_talbot Wrote: Ah the fun one can have with google translator...

No not at all..I am just hesitant to believe that the poster who responded to you speaks the language with the degree of fluency that his postings display..Perhaps he is another Swede or even a Finn who speaks Swedish..Or one from another land who does..Sweden is not exactly a country over-run with Catholics, so I thought the chance of two of you being on here small..But I certainly do not know everyone who posts..

..  All in fun, ; no big deal..Carry-on..
(03-09-2010, 06:47 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: No not at all..I am just hesitant to believe that the poster who responded to you speaks the language with the degree of fluency that his postings display..Perhaps he is another Swede or even a Finn who speaks Swedish..Or one from another land who does..Sweden is not exactly a country over-run with Catholics, so I thought the chance of two of you being on here small..But I certainly do not know everyone who posts..

For a non-Scandinavian I understand the confusion. He is, telling from the language, Norwegian. And we understand each other perfectly well, although the languages are not similar.

As for the second part.... Have you seen another Swede on here? If you have I would be glad to know.
(03-09-2010, 07:38 PM)Engelbrecht Wrote: For a non-Scandinavian I understand the confusion. He is, telling from the language, Norwegian. And we understand each other perfectly well, although the languages are not similar.
Now we just need a Dane and Icelander to complete the cycle!

I know a few Norwegians. The languages are similar, at least, linguistically.

Quote:As for the second part.... Have you seen another Swede on here? If you have I would be glad to know.
I haven't seen any, and I would have noticed if I had. I've posted this enough (not Modern Swedish):

(03-09-2010, 04:11 PM)Engelbrecht Wrote:

Jag vill att ni talar engelska :)

Is that right (language, not context)?
(03-09-2010, 07:38 PM)Engelbrecht Wrote:
(03-09-2010, 06:47 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: No not at all..I am just hesitant to believe that the poster who responded to you speaks the language with the degree of fluency that his postings display..Perhaps he is another Swede or even a Finn who speaks Swedish..Or one from another land who does..Sweden is not exactly a country over-run with Catholics, so I thought the chance of two of you being on here small..But I certainly do not know everyone who posts..

For a non-Scandinavian I understand the confusion. He is, telling from the language, Norwegian. And we understand each other perfectly well, although the languages are not similar.

As for the second part.... Have you seen another Swede on here? If you have I would be glad to know.

I'm allegedly half Swedish (adopted), but I drive a Volvo.  Does that count?  :laughing:
(03-09-2010, 10:36 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: Jag vill att ni talar engelska :)

Is that right (language, not context)?

Yes, it is(Ja, det är det).
(03-10-2010, 09:16 AM)Magnificat Wrote: I'm allegedly half Swedish (adopted), but I drive a Volvo.  Does that count?  :laughing:

Under the current circumstances I suppose it does, since it would double the Swedish presence here.  :)