Traditional Catholics in SAN FRAN BAY AREA
and what if I do?
I, personally, don't care.

Others... 
;)
(03-08-2010, 12:26 AM)Bonifatius Wrote: SLCFranciscan:  ND des Victoires is a beautiful parish, although I think they advertise some type of modern music Mass on Sundays.. I have gone there for an horu of adoration/Benediction which they do on Sundays, though.
Which is the parish that had the gay sign, out of curiosity?

Yes, I have heard the NDV has changed a bit (not for the better) since there is a new pastor.  I just cannot imagine modern music on Sundays.  You can bet that Pere Siffert would not like that.  I can tell you that would not play with the French crowd, so it is probably happening at the English masses.  The sign on the altar was at St. Boniface, down in the Tenderloin on Golden Gate Avenue.  Sadly and ironically enough, the guy who insisted on carrying it everywhere died.  I often think of him, how he crusaded for all the wrong things, and what happened to his poor soul......

We had an SSPX mission here in SLC for many years, but, alas, it closed in September 2008.  We do have a very holy Polish priest in the diocese who says the TLM for us, Deo Gratias.
I don't live there anymore, but I grew up in Sonoma County.  My parents still live up there, though I moved to Orange County.  My mom attends Fr. Young's Masses in San Rafael, which are part of the Archdiocese of SF's efforts in response to the Moto Proprio.
Make friends with Fr. William Young at Most Holy Redeemer Parish in the Castro.....He is a beacon of sanity. He offers the Tridentine Mass at 9:30 A.M daily. inside Most Holy Redeemer Church. It's a private mass, but anyone may attend. He is a brilliant Thomistic scholar. There are no TLM Sunday Masses in the city of San Francisco per Archbishop Niderauer's attempt (illegally, I might add as the Motu Proprio is quite clear that the faithful are NOT to be impeded to attend the TLM wherever there is a stable group of ANY size). Where is this "independent" mass that you are attending?

JB
JB - is it true Fr Young says the Traditional Mass daily in the church ? I was told by one of the priests there that he says it privately in his room every morning.
I have wanted to get in touch with him, but am not sure exactly how to, seeing as he is just living there and is just "in residence". I guess I could always just make a phone call - but as you know, it is not the most .. shall we say, "orthodox" of parishes, and I wonder if I would be questioned why I want to be put through to him.

It is funny that you mentioned it though, since I myself have been wondering if there was some way for me to attend his daily Masses.
(03-10-2010, 01:29 PM)Bonifatius Wrote: JB - is it true Fr Young says the Traditional Mass daily in the church ? I was told by one of the priests there that he says it privately in his room every morning.
I have wanted to get in touch with him, but am not sure exactly how to, seeing as he is just living there and is just "in residence". I guess I could always just make a phone call - but as you know, it is not the most .. shall we say, "orthodox" of parishes, and I wonder if I would be questioned why I want to be put through to him.

It is funny that you mentioned it though, since I myself have been wondering if there was some way for me to attend his daily Masses.

Why don't you send him a greeting card, via snail-mail?
I thought of that...
The church is only a 10 minute walk from me, though!
But a greeting card that just lets him know his efforts are appreciated would enable you to introduce yourself later on. Old fashioned, I guess *lol*