'JihadJane' recruited in US, Europe, Asia: prosecutors
WASHINGTON (AFP) - A US woman operating online under the name "JihadJane" recruited jihadist fighters in the United States, Europe and Asia in a bid to carry out terror plots "or die trying," prosecutors said.

US authorities said middle-aged Pennsylvania resident Colleen LaRose, who was arrested in October 2009, spent more than a year networking with would-be attackers around the world.

She sought to recruit men and women, to raise money and even agreed to carry out the murder of a Swedish resident, pledging "only death will stop me," an indictment charged.

The Justice Department unsealed the indictment against LaRose just hours after Irish police arrested seven people accused of plotting to kill a Swedish cartoonist.

She faces charges of "conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists, conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, making false statements to a government official and attempted identity theft," the indictment said.

LaRose, born in 1963, is also accused of recruiting women "who had passports and the ability to travel to and around Europe in support of violent jihad," and of having stolen a US passport "and transferred or attempted to transfer it in an effort to facilitate an act of international terrorism."

If convicted of the charges against her, LaRose could face life in prison and a one million dollar fine.

The indictment claims she received two messages in March 2009 from an individual in a South Asian country instructing her to kill an unnamed Swedish resident.

"Kill him... this is what i say to u," the indictment quotes one message as saying. "Kill (the individual) in a way that the whole Kufar (non-believer) world get frightened," the second said.

"I will make this my goal till i achieve it or die trying," LaRose allegedly responded.

The Justice Department declined to comment on whether LaRose was connected to the arrest of four men and three women in Ireland over an alleged plot to kill Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks.

An Al-Qaeda-linked group has placed a 100,000-dollar (74,000-euro) bounty on his head in response to a cartoon he drew depicting the Prophet Mohammed with the body of a dog.

LaRose allegedly "sent an electronic communication to the Swedish embassy asking for instructions on acquiring permanent residency status in Sweden," the Justice Department said, adding that she "traveled to Europe with the intent to live and train with jihadists" in August 2009.

LaRose, also identified by the monikers "Fatima LaRose" and "JihadJane," faces life in prison if convicted.

A MySpace page under the name "JihadJane" features a biography of a Pennsylvania woman who describes herself as having "reverted to Islam."

"I live in Pennsylvania, originally from Texas. I have recently (a couple months) reverted to Islam and I can safely say that of all the things I have ever done in my lifetime, bcomming Muslim is what i am the proudest of."

Elsewhere, the user lists her heroes as "Skeikh OBL," an apparent reference to Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden, and "The brothers in... Jihad."

The indictment and material released by SITE, a US group that monitors extremists, suggest LaRose had an active online presence, despite being repeatedly banned from websites including YouTube and harboring fears she was under surveillance.

SITE released a message purportedly posted by LaRose on an English-language jihadist forum that directly addressed those she thought were monitoring her.

"We are and have been aware of you and your infiltration in here and in other forums.... i hope you enjoy the videos and pictures of your comrades being blown to hell by the brothers well placed IED's and the brothers sharp shooters blowing off the heads and other limbs of your comrades."

The LaRose case "demonstrates that terrorists are looking for Americans to join them in their cause, and it shatters any lingering thought that we can spot a terrorist based on appearance," said US Justice Department attorney Michael Levy in a statement.

In communications detailed in the indictment, LaRose is alleged to have said her appearance would allow her to "blend in with many people," adding it "may be a way to achieve what is in my heart."

Profile pictures on the "JihadJane" MySpace page include one showing a fair-skinned woman with blue eyes, her blond hair covered by a headscarf.

David Kris, assistant attorney general at the Justice Department's National Security Division, hailed the indictment and said the government would remain vigilant.

"Today's indictment, which alleges that a woman from suburban America agreed to carry out murder overseas and to provide material support to terrorists, underscores the evolving nature of the threat we face," he said.
Pray for her and for all involved :pray:

This people are disgusting,may God Rebuke them and may they repent

The mohammedeans are out there,looking only to kill,they are Firstborn of Satan,God rebuke them and bring to salvation the souls of all those who are captured by this lie
Yeah that's why I just quit my job, a Muslim with the Quran in a glass case sat behind his desk and I had to work with two others. They send money back to Pakistan, which I'm sure eventually lands in the hands of jihadists. I could not in good conscience work for them anymore.
lolllll
she must of been a real hard nut to crack and track down.
lol
really. poor fool. hope she rots but still in all seriousness this ones pretty stupid
Next stop, Canada!  She will do well there.
We had had some real dumb ones up here to. Your point?
You want to start this again?
LoL
Nice to have a Pennsylvanian make the news...
(03-11-2010, 07:49 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: We had had some real dumb ones up here to. Your point?
You want to start this again?
LoL

Relax, I was just baiting you, and you took the bait  ;). But seriously,  I do think she would do better there. Many people who hate the US, seem to embrace the cradle to grave goverment coddling countries such as yours have available. For example, during Vietnam, your country gave sanction to the draft dodgers that fled there to avoid getting drafted into the Army.

And why so touchy about Canada? You've already stated you'd rather be on the beach in Ca. Remember?
During vietnam over 55 thousadn ccanadians volunteered to fight for the states
Dimwit
Yeah that's right while u yank draft dodgers fled up here canadaoians went down
Of course u wouldn't know that would u
Hey stupid bk, we had more killed than you had serving in the entire war, but you wouldnt know that would you. Probably too damn drunk to realize it. Sip away. Tell me something, if you can, do you donate as much to the church or charities as you spend on booze? The brain of an alky........ ???