'JihadJane' recruited in US, Europe, Asia: prosecutors
(03-12-2010, 10:38 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: it is laudable to volunteer out of principle to fight in a war by the thousands for a nation that IS NOT YOUR OWN.

I think it isn't unless the war itself is morally necessary.

However, the USA was fighting "for" the Vietnamese, not for her own protection.
yes they were fighting for the Vietnamese with in their OWN MILITARY. anyway i guese its all in me heeed. no Canadians fought or died in nam. my bad. but "Americans did volunteer' yes right o right.
moving along
anyway lets stick with jehajane clearly u will just keep saying
"Americans did volunteer"
so this American jehadjane did volunteer to fight for jehad. lest talk about that
(03-12-2010, 10:38 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: lad for the thousands upon thousands of young Americans who were killed in Vietnam that war had everything to do with them and their families. i am not talking about if it was worth it or motives. i am talking about those who sacrificed for your nation right or wrong. Canadians whom it sure can be said that the American intervention in nam had nothing to do with them did volunteer to fight for your nation. not theirs. the Canadian military was not fighting in nam. though she did fight bravely in Korea with your nation. another forgotten aspect of Canadian history sadly. anyhooo
let me try to put this another way because clearly you are missing my point
it is laudable to volunteer out of principle to fight in a war by the thousands for a nation that IS NOT YOUR OWN. as was done by thousands and thousands of Canadians in nam enlisted as solders with the AMERICAN military.. i am not saying Americans did not volunteer they did and that is commendable and worthy but it was for there nation. they joined the American military to fight. not some other nations military to fight. example Canadians enlisted with the American military. Americans didn't enlist with the south Vietnamese military and fight as Vietnamese solders in the Vietnamese mil. ans sure i grant perhaps a few Americans did enlist with the south Vietnamese military (though i have never heard this) it wasn't to the extent the Canadians did with the American military.
can u at least admit there is a difference between Americans serving their own nation in their own military then Americans enlisting in another nations mil to fight by being a solder in another nations mil?
probibly not. lol
i'm surprised i have to really go through this alas
no i'm not
i hope that helps at least clear some vagueness sup on my part. i'm sure u will retort
"Americans volunteered too" and yes i know that

That war really split the nation at the time, and honselty I dont know what the ratio of draftees vs volunteers was. The thing about that war was this, and some USMC officers have told me this, if the generals had been allowed to fight the war instead of the politicans, it would have ended much quicker. Now slightly off topic but I say that if Russia had been properly consecrated by the Holy Father and the Bishops, it never would have happened. Wars are a punishment for mans sins. If Russia was concentrated, she would not have been behind the NVA, hence no war. As for Canada, I am sorry for those killed there fronpm your army, I am saorry it happened at all really. And I wish the middle east thing would end also.
(03-12-2010, 10:53 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: so this American jehadjane did volunteer to fight for jehad. lest talk about that

Lest what?

We can talk about that on this thread...it is the subject after all.

I'm just proud it is a Pennsylvanian.
HAIRY I MEAN TO SAY LETS.
(03-12-2010, 11:10 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: HAIRY I MEAN TO SAY LETS.

Yeah, I know :)

Let us abandon this and go defend the Church against those who worship heretics.
i agree totally lad!!!!!!!!!
(03-12-2010, 11:15 AM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(03-12-2010, 11:10 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: HAIRY I MEAN TO SAY LETS.

Yeah, I know :)

Let us abandon this and go defend the Church against those who worship heretics.

Perish the thought. If we were to do that, we might actually achieve something. I don;t think anybody wants that! :P