ABC News blames Benedict XVI for abuse
(03-19-2010, 10:58 AM)ggreg Wrote: Until the Holy Father tells us the whole truth about Fatima then I don't have much sympathy for him I am afraid.  If he can lie to the world about a critical message from Heaven intended to be published in 1960, then he cannot really complain when the media lies about him.  After all to his mind there is no such thing as absolute truth anyway just thesis and antithesis.

He has the solution to the world's problems.  Consecrate Russia to the IHM.  He steadfastly refuses to carry out Heaven's mandate and carries on feeding the newchurch swine with whatever remaining pearls are left after 1900 years of Tradition have been ransacked.

He was head of the CDF for 25 years and "whistled Dixie" as far as doing anything about these scandals is concerned.

If his persecution brings him back to the truth then I am all for it.  If it does not, then he has bigger things to worry about than a little more scandal in a swimming pool of scandal that is the modern Catholic Church.

He may do all those things yet.  As for the past, I think JP2 tied his hands a lot.  I could be wrong, though...
(03-19-2010, 10:58 AM)ggreg Wrote: Until the Holy Father tells us the whole truth about Fatima then I don't have much sympathy for him I am afraid. 

What is the criterion of the whole truth? Your opinion? The official decision of the Church? Some new Magisterium outside of the Church as the new depository of the truth? 
Regardless of what Benedict may have or may not have done with respect to Fatima, the Catholic Church for which he is responsible is the Bride of Christ on earth and he is the Vicar.

Having said that, I agree with glgas that the real child abusers are organizations like ABC whose music and visual productions do sexualize children. 

If pedersasters molest children, ABC plays a part in setting the stage with its glorification of fornication and amoral universe.

If you want to form a lynchmob, you should head over to the Board of Directors for Disney (which owns ABC and extremely anti-Catholic Miramax studios), and others in the entertainment industry... those are the people who are chief operatives in all of this.

Disney does quite a lot to sexualize children, so they have a lot of gall in pointing the finger at the Catholic Church if they want to play this game.

I think this is a whole new opportunity to teach about the objective reality of the moral imperatives reinforced on the whole (except for degenerate social groups) until the last forty years by Christianity.

(03-19-2010, 08:17 AM)damooster Wrote: Since when? Pedophiles receive some of the harshest punishments available. They have to let the public know they are a sex offender. They have to stay a certain amount of distance away from children. They can't live near schools. Murderers and robbers do time in jail and that's it. Sex offenders have to periodically check in with their probation officers even 50 years after the incident; they are marked for life.
Quote:And in fact, in the uSA (I don't know about Germany) if you refer a pedo to a counselor, the counselor is required to report activity of that sort and so it is a roundabout way of getting the authorities in on it.

And then that pedophile is put through the system where he becomes a registered sex offender.
Quote:I am no softee on pedos, but I am tired of the hypocrisy of the media because there is so much going on outside the church you can't even call those hypocrites "whited sepulchres" because a sepulchre at least keeps walls around the dung.

Pedos are walking every day. Vermont, Massachusetts, and many other places Bill O'Reilly has gone after judges that allowed pedo's to walk and in many places pedo's with multiple victims have been allowed to walk and in many cases they have reoffended after these judges have let them go.

And guys, let's not get too distracted by this.  Remember those reports about organizations like the Chicago Boy's Club which Fr. Andrew Greeley assures us exists and preys on children while being made up of police, judges, priests and politicians.

This is a huge distraction indeed, and pretty ridiculous since the guilty parties are doing most of the finger-pointing.
(03-19-2010, 01:09 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(03-19-2010, 08:17 AM)damooster Wrote: Since when? Pedophiles receive some of the harshest punishments available. They have to let the public know they are a sex offender. They have to stay a certain amount of distance away from children. They can't live near schools. Murderers and robbers do time in jail and that's it. Sex offenders have to periodically check in with their probation officers even 50 years after the incident; they are marked for life.
Quote:And in fact, in the uSA (I don't know about Germany) if you refer a pedo to a counselor, the counselor is required to report activity of that sort and so it is a roundabout way of getting the authorities in on it.

And then that pedophile is put through the system where he becomes a registered sex offender.
Quote:I am no softee on pedos, but I am tired of the hypocrisy of the media because there is so much going on outside the church you can't even call those hypocrites "whited sepulchres" because a sepulchre at least keeps walls around the dung.

Pedos are walking every day. Vermont, Massachusetts, and many other places Bill O'Reilly has gone after judges that allowed pedo's to walk and in many places pedo's with multiple victims have been allowed to walk and in many cases they have reoffended after these judges have let them go.

The ones who walk don't show up in the news because a judge knows ahead of time if he is dealing with someone  whose crime is against "people who matter" and that is the crux of corruption right tthere.  Believe me, the full story of the Boston pedo scandals is rife with government and social service involvment from the very beginning.

And down here in Texas, look at this, it is from the "Google Cache" because it has already been removed from the news:
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:etrhyNXtGQ8J:www.bastropbuilder.com/blog/2010/02/26/sheriff%E2%80%99s-deputy-arrested-and-charged-with-sexual-assault-of-child/+austin+child+advocate+video+sexual+abuse&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Quote:Sheriff’s deputy arrested and charged with sexual assault of child
Lieutenant ---- of the Bastrop County Sheriff’s Office has been arrested and charged with the felony offense of Continuing Sexual Abuse of A Child.

----- was taken into custody this morning by Texas Ranger Brent Barina, who in cooperation with the Bastrop County Sheriff’s Office, the Bastrop County District Attorney’s Office and the Children’s Advocacy Center, conducted the investigation of the allegations against -----. Based upon the findings of his investigation, Ranger Barina was able to secure an arrest warrant from 423rd District Judge Christopher Duggan for the arrest of -----. ------ was subsequently arrested without incident and booked into the Bastrop County Jail with a $100,000 bond.

and this isn't even the story I was looking for.
(03-19-2010, 10:58 AM)ggreg Wrote: Until the Holy Father tells us the whole truth about Fatima then I don't have much sympathy for him I am afraid.  If he can lie to the world about a critical message from Heaven intended to be published in 1960, then he cannot really complain when the media lies about him.  After all to his mind there is no such thing as absolute truth anyway just thesis and antithesis.

He has the solution to the world's problems.  Consecrate Russia to the IHM.  He steadfastly refuses to carry out Heaven's mandate and carries on feeding the newchurch swine with whatever remaining pearls are left after 1900 years of Tradition have been ransacked.

He was head of the CDF for 25 years and "whistled Dixie" as far as doing anything about these scandals is concerned.

If his persecution brings him back to the truth then I am all for it.  If it does not, then he has bigger things to worry about than a little more scandal in a swimming pool of scandal that is the modern Catholic Church.

We have a winner!
Here is the VT Judge I was talking about. It has nothing to do about influential people it has to do with a judge that shouldn't be in his position...

Judge Cashman must be fired (warning...foul language)
State's judicial system failed abused child

http://homefrontsix.blogspot.com/2006/01...fired.html

Judge gives child-rapist 60-day sentence
No longer believes in punishment: 'Anger doesn't solve anything'

Claiming he no longer believes in punishment, a Vermont judge issued a 60-day sentence to a man who confessed to repeatedly raping a girl over a four-year period, beginning when she was 7 years old.

Cashman said he's more concerned now about rehabilitation.

"The one message I want to get through is that anger doesn't solve anything. It just corrodes your soul," Cashman told a packed Burlington courtroom made up mostly of people related to the victim.

I am sitting here with my jaw in my lap. I am speechless. I would try to wrap my brain around the logic behind this sentencing, if there were any. But there is not one shred of logic attached to this in any way.

This "judge" no longer believes in punishment? Then he can no longer do the job he was hired to do and should subsequently be FIRED. Immediately.

Mark Hulett ADMITTED that he raped this child countless times. A CHILD. He RAPED a CHILD REPEATEDLY over the course of FOUR YEARS. And this judge doesn't think he belongs in jail.

Actually, I happen to agree with Judge Cashman on this point. This deviant does not belong in jail. He belongs UNDER it.

CBS reported this morning that the Pope had transferred a pedo.  Of course this isn't what happened.  Cardinal Ratzinger was not the man's bishop and couldn't transfer him anywhere.  The guy was from Essen.  The Cardinal's only role in the matter was to allow him to live in a rectory while receiving treatment.  Those who know say that the Pope wasn't advised of the nature of the problem that led to the treatment.  He also had nothing to do with allowing the guy to do parish work while in Munich.  But the fact is that the press doesn't care what the facts are and have no interest in reporting the truth.  
(03-19-2010, 11:43 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

He may do all those things yet.  As for the past, I think JP2 tied his hands a lot.  I could be wrong, though...

Well his hands have been untied for the past five years since JP2 has been dead and Cardinal Ratzinger has been the Pope.

Five years is long enough for me to wonder whether he will EVER do anything.

A man who has had his hands tied for 25 years, one might think, would act quickly when the cords were cut.