A little monologue about the commandment "do not covet"
Hi,
I have started making little short video presentations and this is one about a person covetting another person's happiness at work. It is me just hanging around and talking, nothing glamourous as you can see, but it is part of a project to present "Catholic Culture" to younger Catholics so they can see the common sense level of our Faith.

Let me know what you think of it. And please also share your own shorts about Catholic topics. It will be a fun expansion of the sense of community that is "Fisheaters"  as well as a valuable resource for Catholic education.

Ha ha littlerose!

Excellent - - -thank you!!

As for me, I remember a guy always asking me what I made etc like you - - - I told the guy a WAY higher wage than I actually made just to shut him up ha ha ha - - - - he went to the boss to ask for more money and the boss told him to get out of his office LOL

Anyway, we got along fine after that.  ;D

Could just be a guy thing lol
Not a complete waste of time at all. I enjoyed it!
Hah, very nice Littlerose.  I like your view on money, particularly at the beginning.  A lot of people have rent paid and food in the cupboards and still act as if they are poor.  ...Eh.  Money can't buy happiness.
It's pretty good stuff,Little Rose, all the way round. I think you have gotten the "do not covet" right. Today even the poor in America are greedy. I once ran out of gas in the Navajo Nation and had to spend a night in a motel where the a/c was removed but the hole in the wall was never covered. I witnessed with my eyes mind numbing, bone crushing, poverty. I remember that place when ever I hear folks talk about how hard it is for them.. I shared that room with many of God's lesser known creatures that night.
tim
(03-21-2010, 11:27 AM)timoose Wrote: ..... I witnessed with my eyes mind numbing, bone crushing, poverty. I remember that place when ever I hear folks talk about how hard it is for them.. I shared that room with many of God's lesser known creatures that night.
tim

I know wht you mean. Every day I say a prayer of thanks combined with a prayer for forgiveness for having so much. Although "on paper" I am among America's poorest because I live on so little and own next to nothing, my life is very rich. I sit here conversing with people from around the world, I am listening to very fine music all the time, I cook the best food for my meals, I have roses and orchids and beautiful birds: my life is exactly the illustration of what Jesus said about the lilies of the field. and I include the little bit of the birds playing on the plum-blossoms in the end of the video for exactly that reason. There is inordinate wealth in the beauty of those two little birds and a sunny peaceful time, and it costs next to nothing.  How can anyone complain when you compare this to life in  so many places? that is why my gratitude is mixed with guilt.