Poll: What spiritual tradition do you follow?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Spiritual Tradition / Religious Orders
it's all about that Carmelite spirituality ;)
(03-21-2010, 09:44 PM)ketchum Wrote: it's all about that Carmelite spirituality ;)
Yeah, I guess you're in good company.
(03-21-2010, 08:48 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Ralph have you looked at the traditional Fransiscan third orders?
None near me, I mean not even close. The closest one I know of is in Canada. You can't really join a community if you can't have any community. The Confraternity of Penitents has been my best bet. They aren't trad, but because of the fact that they follow the original Rule of 1221 they are very traditional by default. A trad can live and breath quite comfortably in the CofP, at least in my experience.
I've always been drawn to the Benedictine tradition.  I love the traditional liturgy and Benedictines were the liturgical experts in the middle ages.  Their common way of life and quiet lifestyle are an attraction to me also.
(03-21-2010, 09:49 PM)RalphKramden Wrote:
(03-21-2010, 09:44 PM)ketchum Wrote: it's all about that Carmelite spirituality ;)
Yeah, I guess you're in good company.

I've grown up around them and they are really family everyone is connected to Carmel if they are wearing and in rolled in the brown scapular it's beautiful how that works
(03-21-2010, 08:39 PM)RalphKramden Wrote:
(03-21-2010, 08:38 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: "it is a duty of a religious man to weep. cities must be to him a prison, solitude a paradise"
I like that, thanks for sharing!

wow..... love that.
I really love the way St Teresa develops her ideas on mental prayer and interior union with God. Much of what i try to follow during mental prayer stems from carmelite doctrine but all contemplative communities share many similar characteristics such as a special emphasis on a zeal for souls and a continual remembrance on the presence of God, and this also applies to the active religious orders.
Great thread!!!!!!
Just what the tank needs.
I picked Fransiscan out of ignorance, really. The entire family is enrolled in the Brown Scapular, but we also have many pets: dogs, cats, crustaceons, etc. So I guess it is a combo deal with us.