Eastern Catholics,are they Acceptable as Latin-rite,or are they more like NO?
Hey,tell me your thoughts on the eastern Catholic churches (Refering to those in Communion with rome)

Would love to know what you have to say on the subject,I honestly have no clue about them other then they have the beautiful practices of the east with the validity of the church.
(03-22-2010, 06:15 AM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Hey,tell me your thoughts on the eastern Catholic churches (Refering to those in Communion with rome)

Would love to know what you have to say on the subject,I honestly have no clue about them other then they have the beautiful practices of the east with the validity of the church.

With all due respect, I can't imagine a more clueless thing to say. 
(03-22-2010, 09:28 AM)spasiisochrani Wrote:
(03-22-2010, 06:15 AM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Hey,tell me your thoughts on the eastern Catholic churches (Refering to those in Communion with rome)

With all due respect, I can't imagine a more clueless thing to say. 

Give the guy a break...he isn't even Catholic yet.
St Ambrose,

I am an Eastern Catholic, Byzantine-Ruthenian rite to be exact.

We are very small compared to the Latin Rite of the Church and compared to the Orthodox Churches. My personal opinion, we were spared the wreckage that hit the Latin Church after V2 as far as traditions and Liturgy, but we lost alot of the younger generation primarily due to the degeneration of western civilization.

In my opinion, as far as beauty is concerned, the Eastern Divine Liturgy and the Traditional Latin Mass are on the same level.

There are some big differences though between us and the Roman Liturgy ...
1) Our Liturgy is in the vernacular. It has been in the vernacular for ~1500 years
2) We have our own chant "style" known as Capathian Chant
3) We Sing (chant) everything in the Liturgy, and I do mean everything.
4) We have married priests (though unfortunately this practice was suppressed in the USA in the 1920's due to the "scandal" it was giving Roman Catholics)

As for your question about the Orthodox, they are probably the only people we can have TRUE ecumenism with since they have valid sacraments, priests, bishops etc.  I personally have a hard time seeing them as seperate from Rome.
(03-22-2010, 10:46 AM)amasimp Wrote:
(03-22-2010, 09:28 AM)spasiisochrani Wrote: With all due respect, I can't imagine a more clueless thing to say. 

Give the guy a break...he isn't even Catholic yet.

Oh.  Sorry; I didn't see that.
The Orthodox are Schismatics; the  Eastern Catholics are part of the Catholic Church and in communion with the Holy Apostolic See of Rome. The Orthodox need to accept all Catholic belief and the first Vatican Council, and join the Holy Catholic Church in order to be saved; whereas the Eastern Catholics are already part of the Catholic Church and accept all of the doctrine of the Catholic Church. 

It is required for all to have the Catholic faith and do good deeds and remain in the Catholic Church; thus Protestants and Orthodox, unless they abjure their rebellious heresy and schism, cannot be saved; and until the Orthodox do so, they will remain apart from Christ's Holy Catholic and thus the Ark of Salvation: the only means whereof one can avail one's self of.
Well the maronite rite has become heavily NOtardized
Just sayin
(03-22-2010, 12:40 PM)AxxeArp Wrote: St Ambrose,

We are very small compared to the Latin Rite of the Church and compared to the Orthodox Churches. My personal opinion, we were spared the wreckage that hit the Latin Church after V2 as far as traditions and Liturgy, but we lost alot of the younger generation primarily due to the degeneration of western civilization.

In my opinion, as far as beauty is concerned, the Eastern Divine Liturgy and the Traditional Latin Mass are on the same level.

1) Our Liturgy is in the vernacular. It has been in the vernacular for ~1500 years
2) We have our own chant "style" known as Capathian Chant
4) We have married priests (though unfortunately this practice was suppressed in the USA in the 1920's due to the "scandal" it was giving Roman Catholics)

As for your question about the Orthodox, they are probably the only people we can have TRUE ecumenism with since they have valid sacraments, priests, bishops etc.

I agree with all of the above, and I'm for un-suppressing the practice of married Eastern Rite clergy.  Next thing Latin Riters will be scandalized by the use of leavened bread in the Eastern Rite.  This problem is fixed with apropriate Catechesis.

Quote:  I personally have a hard time seeing them as seperate from Rome.

I don't - they separated themselves from Rome.  They need to come back home.
(03-22-2010, 12:40 PM)AxxeArp Wrote: St Ambrose,

2) We have our own chant "style" known as Carpathian Chant

I agree the Divine Liturgies of the East are equal to the Extra-Ordinary Form in the Roman Rite. The Ordinary Form, is more attune to a Lutheran service or Broad Anglican service. 

As for your question about the Orthodox, they are probably the only people we can have TRUE ecumenism with since they have valid sacraments, priests, bishops etc.  I personally have a hard time seeing them as separate from Rome.
IF I WERE AN EASTERN ORTHODOX

I would not want to return to Rome under the present circumstances, i.e., post-Vatican II. False Ecumenism, Homosexual scandals, bastardized liturgy, and the list goes on. Why would anyone want to come back to this.

I have listened to a long sermon given by an Orthodox American monk who is a Greek Traditionalist. He spoke so very eloquently about the problem of Vatican II. I can't argue with this Priest. He is right.