Archconfraternity of the Cord of St. Francis
Dose anyone know anything about the Archconfraternity of the Cord of St. Francis ??? I've been able to find very little information, and what I have found is mostly just lists of indulgences and historic type info that seems far removed from explaining what it is. I've heard of the Cord of St. Joseph and have found lots of info about that, but seem to come up empty handed when looking for info about the Cord of St. Francis. Thanks!
I have also heard of such an archconfraternity. And there were saints such as St. Francis de Sales, I believe, who were cord bearers.  And I know of some Franciscan youth who are cord bearers as well.  My guess is that this is a quite old institution but maybe not too formalized in this day and age.

I wear the cord of St. Francis myself in conjunction with my Third Order.

(03-22-2010, 09:17 PM)Magdalene Wrote: I wear the cord of St. Francis myself in conjunction with my Third Order.
Great, could you be more specific. How are you enrolled? Is there any devotion that goes along with the cord? What Third Order are you in (it's my understanding that the Cord of St. Francis is also popular among Dominicans)? Any more info would be great! If you don't want to share publicly, you could PM me. I think this would intrest several people, thanks.