6 stalks Swiss chard, chopped
4 ripe tomatoes, diced
1 chili pepper, chopped
4 eggs
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup Pecorino Romano
4 slices stale bread
1 garlic clove, whole

Saute onions, celery, carrots and garlic in oil until onion is browned. Add the Swiss chard, tomatoes and chili pepper and saute for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and simmer for 20 minutes. Break the four eggs (separately ) in to the pot, without breaking the yolks.  Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the whites have set, but the yolks are runny.
Meanwhile, toast the slices of bread, then rub with garlic clove.  Place bread in bottom of bowl, then pour the soup over the bread, with one egg per bowl.  Serve sprinkled with cheese.
No recipe, but split pea is my favoritest soup ever.  Simple too.  You can find good crock-pot versions with only a handful of ingredients.  My only advice is to go easy on the salt; depending on the ham you use, it may be salty enough without adding any.
I had a bowl of Cream of Asparagus soup at a local restaurant once... and if I had any smarts, I would have asked for a second (and maybe a third) helping of it, in an even bigger bowl instead of the dinner I ordered.
That soup had to have been made with God's own recipe... and they wouldn't give me that recipe.  :-(
I've tried several cookbook recipes since then, but none have ever come close...

I guess it's kind of like that perfect sunset you get to see once in a lifetime... just enjoy it while it's there and retain the memory.

Sigh...
My basic soup stock recipe comes to me from an Italian babysitter when my baby Dayna was tiny and I had to work.

4 quarts of water, 1 whole head of garlic, minced; salt to taste.  Steep for 15 minutes; add 1/2 c orzo macaroni and when that's done stir in one whipped egg, for body.

This is basic Italian garlic broth/soup to which you can add veggies, chicken parts, beans or whatever.  It's wonderful for colds and flu season.

Enjoy.
If you make soup that often, you should spring for a copy of the cookbook, "Monastery Soups". It has recipes for soups arranged by season, and includes recipes for Saints Days and Holy Days. The author also has a salad book, and a regular cookbook which both follow the same theme.