Obama snubbed Netanyahu for dinner with Michelle and the girls
I think alaric should change his name to Mr. Warmth.
If Obama is truly ticked off at Israel, I have to support him on this one.  Most Arab States should be our allies.  Nations like Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, and now Iraq are our natural allies.  Even the Saudis.  They also give us a lot of business and buy our ag products.  The US interest is with the Arab States, not Israel.  Supporting Israel divorces us from our natural allies.  It is kind of like WWI.  We should have been supporting Germany in that war.

But with Israeli citizen Rahm running the show, I don't have high hopes in Obambi on this one.
i would argue the mohamadans and the wahabi house of saud are the natural allies of the states
lol
allies they are but atural far from it
(03-28-2010, 05:33 PM)stvincentferrer Wrote: I think alaric should change his name to Mr. Warmth.
Ahh, I'm not always such a nice guy , sometimes I just can't help myself I guess.

That ol Frog and the Scorpion thing creeps up now and again.

Anyway. Mr. Mannelig should know me enough by now not to take me too seriously.
(03-28-2010, 06:28 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: i would argue the mohamadans and the wahabi house of saud are the natural allies of the states
lol
allies they are but atural far from it
Maybe natural allies to the U.S, secular gov't, but not the Church I think is what you're getting at maybe.

Isn't it interesting that before we had Israel as an "ally" in the Mideast we really didn't have any enemies there.

Not that we ever trusted the religion of peace anyway, but their gov'ts weren't so openly hostile to America in times past.
Quote:Isn't it interesting that before we had Israel as an "ally" in the Mideast we really didn't have any enemies there.

That is my point.  The Arabs take up a lot of our services and manufactured goods, and are big customers for our ag products.  I added the Saudis as an afterthought.  They have some pretty hard core elements.

I know that the Muslims in the end want to kill us.  But we can live with them in peace as long as we are militarily strong and keep them out of our country.  Certainly we have a big interest in trading with them.  The Israelis have nothing that interests us.  If they get flattened, we won't even notice, except when they go and nuke Mecca.