Let's talk about Windswept House...
I'm reading this book just now, and it's very well written. I should think thatnyone interested in the Church and traditional Catholicism would be captivated reading this book.

The prologue begins with a ‘Black Mass’ to enthrone Lucifer in  Rome which was held simultaneously in South Carolina, and Rome. Fr. Martin insists that this enthronement really happened (I believe it), and that it was the catalyst for all the problems we see today within the Church.

So far--and I'm only a third of the way into it--the rest of the book is about the hierarchy who've sold out to the true Church and who work tirelessly to turn the Church into a more humanist church which will ultimately become a lynch pin for the 'new world order'.

Do you think that Fr. Martin a prophet, as many of the reviews of this book suggested?

I could've put this thread in 'Arts and Literature', but felt it was more appropriate here, because the events are said to involve real clerics and true settings for about 90% of the instances. Fr. Martin called it 'faction', part true, part fiction.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
I'd like to talk about it, but I've never read it.
Jaca, great idea for a thread.  I sort of feel like there are a few of us who really discovered Fr. Martin (and all the implications of doing so) at the same time over the past few months.  I've been reading Windswept House here and there when I have the time, but have only gotten a little past the prologue.  The black mass was absolutely disgusting and really depressing.  Beyond that, I can't comment too much as I've only just begun the first true chapter.

If Fr. Martin is the man that he appears to be (and I think he is) then his words are true and he must be considered a prophet at least in some sense.  He may not be imbued with supernaturally infused knowledge like the Old Testament prophets, but it seems as though he has been graced by God to be put into such a situation in which he had great knowledge of the corruption in the Church and the perfect situation to get that knowledge out to the masses without being silenced.
I have only read  "Hostage to the Devil' which I liked, it was presented are true stories but it had some stuff in it that made me think it was fiction like  a reference to a girls 'adams apple', but it's such an obvious mistake I imagine it may have been intentional, I'm looking to get a copy of 
"The Windswept House" in the next few weeks. I heard him say he was relieved of his vows at his own request. I don't really know what to make of the man.
(03-26-2010, 09:10 PM)information Wrote: I have only read  "Hostage to the Devil' which I liked, it was presented are true stories but it had some stuff in it that made me think it was fiction like  a reference to a girls 'adams apple', but it's such an obvious mistake I imagine it may have been intentional, I'm looking to get a copy of 
"The Windswept House" in the next few weeks. I heard him say he was relieved of his vows at his own request. I don't really know what to make of the man.

You can get just about all the information one can handle on Fr. Martin at this thread:
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...190.0.html

There are those who have attempted to give him a bad name, particularly after his death, but little to none of those allegations seem to have anything behind them.  You can decide for yourself if you read over that thread.

I also just have to say that your avatar is just plain creepy, man.  What is that?
I got about two thirds through it then I lost it I left it in a class so some hippie ended up reading it. :laughing:
What I remember about it was that it was real creepy and depressing for a Catholic.
I always wondered that if this black Mass to enthrone lucifer in Rome took place then shouldnt we all ignore what comes out of Rome?

I also just have to say that your avatar is just plain creepy, man.  What is that?
[/quote]

Its a plague doctors outfit... thanks for the link.  Cheers
I have read The Keys of This Blood, and I have seen a few youtube interviews with him, and so far I see nothing wrong with the man. Usually, I find the accusations against him to be a funny sort fo ad hominem attack,  very personal attacks against his personal virtues. I will not judge the man's personal life. Indeed, he is surely a sinner as I am, but sinning is not going to make him less intelligent necessarily, so I will stick so far with my very positive view of his accounts and opinions.

Jaca, I wish I had Windswept House, but somehow, i fear that if I were to read about this satanic ritual, I would despair. There is already so much bad news out there, I don't know how I keep the faith as it is. But I will look for it and read it now. If you ladies and gents are reading and discussing it, I will read it, and you will surely prevent me from falling into despair!
I made the mistake of not picking up a copy at a local bookstore once, and now they don't have any left.
There's an enormous Malachi Martin thread elsewhere on fisheaters.  I find it's never boring talking about that priest.  His book Hostage to the Devil is largely responsible for my conversion to the faith!

I hated the ending to Windswept House, though.  Want me to ruin it for ya?

SPOILER ALERT

The pope in this book is obviously JPII.  And in the end, he is in Poland meandering back and forth in his mind on what to do about confronting the communists and one-worlders in his Vatican.  The protagonist asks him "What're you gonna do about all this?"  And then the book ends.

SPOILER ALERT ENDS

What I truly wish for, is that Malachi Martin was able to write that book he wanted to write, about what the next age (our times post 9/11) would be like.  Perhaps someone close to him will compile his notes together into a volume for a publisher.