Let's talk about Windswept House...
I'm reading "Vatican" now, and it is fairly easy to pick out the different figures in the story. The beginning almost turned me off because of the cliche style of writing, and he was a priest after all so there is a certain falseness about the set-up of romance, but then as soon as he leaves the publishers behind and gets into the story of the internal machinations of priests and bishops, the writing changes and the story flows.

I do believe he must have turned to novels as the only way to get the story told.  It matches what I know of political and criminal history (rise of Sicilian mafia, politics of American relations, etc).
(03-27-2010, 12:15 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: What I truly wish for, is that Malachi Martin was able to write that book he wanted to write, about what the next age (our times post 9/11) would be like.  Perhaps someone close to him will compile his notes together into a volume for a publisher.

Doesn't he do this in Keys of This Blood to a certain extent? He presents a pretty clear picture of what he thinks the pope after JPII will be faced with, the decisions he must make, and what will happen to the Church after he has dealt with those decisions. Pope Benedict has done all but one already, I think.
I will read this novel if there's a copy at my public library, or at the local theological seminary's library. *Goes to the websites to check*

Okay, we're on.
(03-26-2010, 06:37 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Do you think that Fr. Martin a prophet, as many of the reviews of this book suggested?

The Catholic faith is clear that true prophets convey God's revelation, and that this kind of revelation was terminated by Jesus Christ and the last eyewitness of Hid life and teaching (John the Apostle).

Naturally always there were around false prophets, who prophisized not God's message, but what people wanted to hear.

I never read Father Martin, but I am sure that any doctrine tecahing the the reason of problems is the 21st Ecumenical Council of the Roman Catholic Church is false profecy.

The reasons of the problems inside the Church and in the world is the godless forces which since the end of the19th Century took over the media, the education, the law,, the governments and infiltrated the Church also. Blaming the 21st Ecumenical Concil instead of those forces is a deliberate deception to hide the responsibility of those forces. 
(03-26-2010, 09:42 PM)Walty Wrote: I also just have to say that your avatar is just plain creepy, man.  What is that?

I gave "Heinrich" an award the other day for the scariest avatar. I will now give "information" the award for creepiest avatar.
I read the first couple chapters of Windswept House years ago but I think I'll read the whole thing now.

"What I truly wish for, is that Malachi Martin was able to write that book he wanted to write, about what the next age (our times post 9/11) would be like.  Perhaps someone close to him will compile his notes together into a volume for a publisher."

Too late. The notes and documents on "How the New World Order infiltrated the Catholic Church" had been confiscated and will not be released.

Years ago a list was being circulated of all the code names in the Windswept House. Names such as JJ - Cardinal O'Connor, etc... Malachi was to give a followup talk on this book at St. Agnes in Midtown but was suddenly canceled. Rumor had it the Holy Father silenced him on saying anything further on the subject.

From notes friends took after discussions with him. He believed the AC was alive  and as reiterated in his interviews with Art Bell in Garbandal. Recall too that he said something about dragons returning again, but by 2017 everything would be completed and that the Immaculate Heart would triumph.

Just be prepared, don't despair. The pagans around us, will need guidance when the illumination of conscience occurs. Pray for the conversion of sinners. At that moment, soon to be fulfilled, they will have to make a choice. So stay calm for them, to point the way.
It's a fantastic read.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(03-26-2010, 11:50 PM)Texican Wrote: I made the mistake of not picking up a copy at a local bookstore once, and now they don't have any left.

You can buy it on Amazon.  It is close to 30 dollars.