Let's talk about Windswept House...
In the story, Fr. Aldo Carnesecca and Fr. Damian Slattery try to explain to Fr. Christian Gladstone the extent to which the liberal Bishops tie the hands of the Holy Father so that he's unable to clean things up and make necessary changes. Is it true that VII elevated the role of the bishops, and if so, to what extent do you think that the liberal Bishops of today tie the hands of the Holy Father, reducing his role more to being a 'bishop among bishops'?

[Image: picture.php?groupid=229&pictureid=5807]

Again, from wiki:

College of Bishops
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_of_Bishops

The term College of Bishops is used in Catholic theology to describe the bishops, as the successors of the Apostles in communion with the Pope, who is the Bishop of Rome, as a body. With the Pope, the college shares the pastoral care and government of the Roman Catholic Church. According to canon 336 of the 1983 Code of Canon Law:
“ The college of bishops, whose head is the Supreme Pontiff [the Bishop of Rome] and whose members are bishops by virtue of sacramental consecration and hierarchical communion with the head and never without this head, is [also] the subject of supreme and full power over the universal church. ”
Canon 338 goes on to explain that it is for a Pope to determine how the College of Bishops exercises that power. Normally it would be through an ecumenical council.
The doctrine is not understood to mean that a council is superior to a pope. And in the opposite direction, a pope has traditionally been understood to possess the sole right of calling, dismissing, or proroguing a council and of approving its decisions.
There was little explicit teaching on the subject before the Second Vatican Council. Indeed, throughout the nineteenth century and to the mid - twentieth century the ultramontanist position was generally held; that is, that the Pope was an absolute monarch who was guided by the Holy Spirit. See Papal Infallibility. The idea was explicitly taught by the Second Vatican Council, in the decree Lumen Gentium.
Within the Catholic Church, the idea of the College of Bishops has caused some controversy. Indeed, Pope Paul VI, who approved Lumen Gentium, felt obliged to authorise the adding of a Nota Praevia or explanatory comment, to the Council documents (not to the text of Lumen Gentium itself).
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(03-27-2010, 09:41 AM)SLCFranciscan Wrote:
(03-26-2010, 11:50 PM)Texican Wrote: I made the mistake of not picking up a copy at a local bookstore once, and now they don't have any left.

You can buy it on Amazon.  It is close to 30 dollars.

I got mine used for like about $11.00, I think.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(03-27-2010, 08:55 AM)Don Quixote Wrote: From notes friends took after discussions with him. He believed the AC was alive  and as reiterated in his interviews with Art Bell in Garbandal.

I believe his comment in one of the interviews from around 1996 was that those who were 20-30 at that time, based on what he knew, would see the reign of the AC.  That means anyone who is in their mid 30s to 40s today.  If people generally live to their late 70s or early 80s then it appears Fr. Martin was saying that this reign would most probably start, at the absolute latest and most conservative estimation, during the 2050s and probably much sooner.

Interesting.
(03-27-2010, 08:55 AM)Don Quixote Wrote: "What I truly wish for, is that Malachi Martin was able to write that book he wanted to write, about what the next age (our times post 9/11) would be like.  Perhaps someone close to him will compile his notes together into a volume for a publisher."

Too late. The notes and documents on "How the New World Order infiltrated the Catholic Church" had been confiscated and will not be released.

Oh, I know. I have a feeling that the next book would've been the most amazing.

(03-27-2010, 08:55 AM)Don Quixote Wrote: Years ago a list was being circulated of all the code names in the Windswept House. Names such as JJ - Cardinal O'Connor, etc... Malachi was to give a followup talk on this book at St. Agnes in Midtown but was suddenly canceled. Rumor had it the Holy Father silenced him on saying anything further on the subject.

The thing that's a bit of a puzzle to me is how he kept up with the events in the Vatican in and around the 1980's. He was long gone from Rome by that point. He must have had an inside source for a lot of this stuff, someone close to JPII, perhaps?   

"JJ's" an interesting character. It would seem that he and others like him, the Conservatives who were loyal to the Pope weren't promoted to work at the Vatican for the obvious reasons. The Conservatives needed to be kept away lest they cause trouble for the ones who wanted to promote change in the Church. It seems like he and perhaps some others like him had a limited grasp of what all was really going on in terms of the level of corruption and "mutiny", if you will.

(03-27-2010, 08:55 AM)Don Quixote Wrote: From notes friends took after discussions with him. He believed the AC was alive  and as reiterated in his interviews with Art Bell in Garbandal. Recall too that he said something about dragons returning again, but by 2017 everything would be completed and that the Immaculate Heart would triumph.

Dragons? He said that? Gracious. God help us. 

As for the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart  well, we'll see about that--and I pray we do!

(03-27-2010, 08:55 AM)Don Quixote Wrote: Just be prepared, don't despair. The pagans around us, will need guidance when the illumination of conscience occurs. Pray for the conversion of sinners. At that moment, soon to be fulfilled, they will have to make a choice. So stay calm for them, to point the way.

God will provide all that we really need, I believe this. Every grace that we need will be offered.  :pray2:

"The thing that's a bit of a puzzle to me is how he kept up with the events in the Vatican in and around the 1980's. He was long gone from Rome by that point. He must have had an inside source for a lot of this stuff, someone close to JPII, perhaps?"

Well his phone bill each month was astronomical.  The gift of gab and liberal friends contributed to his wealth of information.

(03-27-2010, 03:34 PM)Don Quixote Wrote: "The thing that's a bit of a puzzle to me is how he kept up with the events in the Vatican in and around the 1980's. He was long gone from Rome by that point. He must have had an inside source for a lot of this stuff, someone close to JPII, perhaps?"

Well his phone bill each month was astronomical.  The gift of gab and liberal friends contributed to his wealth of information.

I believe that Cardinal Gagnon was one of his friends who kept him apprised, as well as Cardinal Stickler.
He wasn't a prophet as much as a reporter.  With all those facts before you, it's not hard to come to some kind of prophetic conclusion that we're screwed.

BTW, when he wrote Windswept House he still had hopes for JP2 which is why the book ends as it does. 

By the time Fr. Martin died, he was a sedevacantist.  He saw that JP2 and Rome had no intention of doing anything, for whatever reason.  That's part of why his last book was going to be so controversial - he was going to bring the hammer down.  Not in the sense that he would suggest people become sede - that was his personal choice and kept it so.  But that the gloves were going to be off, so to speak.
(03-27-2010, 05:14 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: He wasn't a prophet as much as a reporter.  With all those facts before you, it's not hard to come to some kind of prophetic conclusion that we're screwed.

BTW, when he wrote Windswept House he still had hopes for JP2 which is why the book ends as it does. 

By the time Fr. Martin died, he was a sedevacantist.  He saw that JP2 and Rome had no intention of doing anything, for whatever reason.  That's part of why his last book was going to be so controversial - he was going to bring the hammer down.  Not in the sense that he would suggest people become sede - that was his personal choice and kept it so.  But that the gloves were going to be off, so to speak.

I don't know if I believe that he ever became a sedevacantist. He was a friend's confessor up to the time he got sick, and she said he never mentioned that to her. He always referred to John Paul II as the Pope. The only source for the sedevacantist claim is Rama Coomaraswamy. He could have misunderstood Malachi on this point. But it is true that Fr. Martin was friends with a lot of sedevacantist priests.
You know, I'll leave the list up there because people will find it anyhow, but with this word of caution:

A lot of those people are dead, etc., and can't defend their names.  Fr. Martin never explicitly said "this list is correct - that is who I mean."  So, be sure to view this list as rumor and possible calumny and not condemn anyone on the basis of it.  While the list, IMO, is probably at least mostly correct, mostly correct is not enough to put the blame where it belongs in any kind of meaningful way.