Let's talk about Windswept House...
(03-27-2010, 05:18 PM)Larry Wrote: I don't know if I believe that he ever became a sedevacantist. He was a friend's confessor, and she said he never mentioned that to her. He always referred to John Paul II as the Pope. The only source for the sedevacantist claim is Rama Coomaraswamy. He could have misunderstood Malachi on this point. But it is true that Fr. Martin was friends with a lot of sedevacantist priests.

It came from other sources, such as his driver.  He also assisted at Fr. Coomaraswarmy's ordination - here's a picture:

[Image: RC2b.jpg]
Interesting. Do you have a link to the information about his driver?
I thought I heard that Fr. Martin was given that list to confirm how valid it was and he said it was something like 90% correct. Is my memory faulty?
@Larry

It was in an article in Seattle Catholic by William H. Kennedy

http://web.archive.org/web/2007030213040...sophia.htm

Quote:Towards the end of his life Martin began to associate more and more with sedevacantist Churches like that run by Bishop Robert McKenna in the Tri-State area.  It was with this particular Church that Father Martin advised on such matters as exorcism and attended some of Bishop McKenna's services.  The last straw for Martin as far as the current Church of Rome goes came with his final visit to the Holy See after the publication of Windswept House when Vatican officials - including the Pope - scoffed at his last ditch effort to get the Institutional Church to redress the errors into which it had fallen.  Upon his return to the United States Father Malachi Martin had adopted a full sedevacantist stance.  With this he accepted the de facto status of bishops outside of the See of Rome which he considered to constitute an underground church. Martin's sedevacantism has been confirmed by Mr. Robert Moro who was his driver and assistant for many, many years and who was the only person with Father Malachi on a day to day basis. Martin also informed the medical doctor I mentioned earlier of his sedevacantist stance and mentioned to me not long before his passing that his dealing with the Vatican was 'like beating a dead horse'. The title of Martin's final book which he was working on at the time of his death sums up his final view of the Petrine Office - Entitled Primacy: How the Institutional Roman Catholic Church Became a Creature of the New World Order.  
(03-27-2010, 05:25 PM)stvincentferrer Wrote: I thought I heard that Fr. Martin was given that list to confirm how valid it was and he said it was something like 90% correct. Is my memory faulty?

No, I recall him saying something along those lines - maybe not 90% specifically, but something like "it's pretty accurate".  But since names are mentioned, "pretty accurate" is not good enough.  We're talking about consecrated bishops and ordained priests involved in Satanism, not Angelina Jolie's latest tryst.  And even in her case, it would still be wrong to gossip, etc.
Thanks for the link. It's kind of sad if he did become a sedevacantist. The situation is bad(and JPII at his worst could tempt anyone to lose their faith in his office), but a bad Pope is still the pope.
(03-27-2010, 05:29 PM)Larry Wrote: Thanks for the link. It's kind of sad if he did become a sedevacantist. The situation is bad(and JPII at his worst could tempt anyone to lose their faith in his office), but a bad Pope is still the pope.

I agree.
(03-27-2010, 05:18 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: You know, I'll leave the list up there because people will find it anyhow, but with this word of caution:

Well, I don't want to be guilty of spreading rumors or calumny; I wasn't even thinking about it in that way. So people can get that list on their own, if they like.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(03-27-2010, 05:35 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(03-27-2010, 05:18 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: You know, I'll leave the list up there because people will find it anyhow, but with this word of caution:

Well, I don't want to be guilty of spreading rumors or calumny; I wasn't even thinking about it in that way. So people can get that list on their own, if they like.

It's already so public you wouldn't be guilty of anything, I don't think.  And if I thought it was outright calumny, I would have deleted it.

But, do what you think is best, either way.
(03-27-2010, 05:31 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(03-27-2010, 05:29 PM)Larry Wrote: Thanks for the link. It's kind of sad if he did become a sedevacantist. The situation is bad(and JPII at his worst could tempt anyone to lose their faith in his office), but a bad Pope is still the pope.

I agree.

I agree as well.  And Fr. Martin seemed to argue most fully with that line of thought as well.  I wonder, if this is true, why he took the leap.