Let's talk about Windswept House...
(03-27-2010, 05:47 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(03-27-2010, 05:35 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(03-27-2010, 05:18 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: You know, I'll leave the list up there because people will find it anyhow, but with this word of caution:

Well, I don't want to be guilty of spreading rumors or calumny; I wasn't even thinking about it in that way. So people can get that list on their own, if they like.

It's already so public you wouldn't be guilty of anything, I don't think.  And if I thought it was outright calumny, I would have deleted it.

But, do what you think is best, either way.

If some of the accusations are false, and I'd venture to say it's inevitable that at least a few are, then really that'd be very unjust. Sinful. I really don't know why I hadn't thought about that beforehand. 
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
The older I get, the more Fr. Martin seems to speak the truth. Today's revelations do not help my spirits a single bit.
"Suddenly it became unarguable that now during this papacy, the Roman
Catholic organization carried a permanent presence of clerics who
worshipped Satan and liked it; of bishops and priests who sodomized
boys and each other; of nuns who performed the “Black Rites” of Wicca,
and who lived in lesbian relationships . . . every day, including
Sundays and Holy Days, acts of heresy and blasphemy and outrage and
indifference were committed and permitted at holy Altars by men who
had been called to be priests. Sacrilegious actions and rites were not
only performed on Christ’s Altars, but had the connivance or at least
the tacit permission of certain Cardinals, archbishops, and bishops. .
. In total number they were a minority—anything from one to ten
percent of Church personnel. But of that minority, many occupied
astoundingly high positions or rank.... The facts that brought the
Pope to a new level of suffering were mainly two: The systematic
organizational links—the network, in other words that had been
established between certain clerical homosexual groups and Satanist
covens. And the inordinate power and influence of that network." (pp.
492-3)

Also, in his book, "The Keys of this Blood", Fr. Martin wrote the following:

""Most frighteningly for [Pope] John Paul [II], he had come up against
the irremovable presence of a malign strength in his own Vatican and
in certain bishops’ chanceries. It was what knowledgeable Churchmen
called the ‘superforce.’ Rumors, always difficult to verify, tied its
installation to the beginning of Pope Paul VI’s reign in 1963. Indeed
Paul had alluded somberly to ‘the smoke of Satan which has entered the
Sanctuary’. . . an oblique reference to an enthronement ceremony by
Satanists in the Vatican. Besides, the incidence of Satanic
pedophilia—rites and practices— was already documented among certain
bishops and priests as widely dispersed as Turin, in Italy, and South
Carolina, in the United States. The cultic acts of Satanic pedophilia
are considered by professionals to be the culmination of the Fallen
Archangel’s rites." (p. 632)

(03-28-2010, 02:29 AM)unknown Wrote: Also, in his book, "The Keys of this Blood", Fr. Martin wrote the following:

""Most frighteningly for [Pope] John Paul [II], he had come up against
the irremovable presence of a malign strength in his own Vatican and
in certain bishops’ chanceries. It was what knowledgeable Churchmen
called the ‘superforce.’ (p. 632)

Why do you suppose it's an "immovable force"?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(03-28-2010, 02:00 AM)DarkKnight Wrote: The older I get, the more Fr. Martin seems to speak the truth. Today's revelations do not help my spirits a single bit.
In terms of the sexual abuse scandals that are rocking Europe currently? I know. Somehow I'm afraid we haven't seen the worst of it, either.
The liberals (lay and otherwise), are already disillusioned. I think that the conservatives and moderates will become increasingly disillusioned. The Conservatives will be hit blindside by this thing, because they've really not been aware of the fact that anything is wrong, beyond maybe a liturgical abuse here or there. I could be wrong, that's how I see it.

Traditionalist have known that something's not right, seriously not right for a long time now. 

From Hamlet
Marcellus: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Horatio: Heaven will direct it.

I find it very depressing if Fr. Martin did become a sedevacantist in the end. Very depressing.
Ack, but I feel icky. I've a cold. I'm achy all over. I had this dream last night of running through a jungle at night in the rain, but along a foot path. Strange, I know. lol

Indeed expect spiritual and physical darkness... Just ask ourselves what would the Saints do? What did they do in Rome? After St. Peter's martyrdom, dozens of Popes one after another perished, all martyrs till the Edict.  We are entering the time of martyrdom.

(03-28-2010, 12:50 PM)Don Quixote Wrote: Indeed expect spiritual and physical darkness... Just ask ourselves what would the Saints do? What did they do in Rome? After St. Peter's martyrdom, dozens of Popes one after another perished, all martyrs till the Edict.  We are entering the time of martyrdom.

Haha, well now that really cheered me up.  :laughing: ;) :P
Windswept House had the most let down of an ending of any book that I have ever read. Much like working for JPII, I'm afraid.
(03-29-2010, 01:15 AM)DarkKnight Wrote: Windswept House had the most let down of an ending of any book that I have ever read. Much like working for JPII, I'm afraid.

I haven't reached the ending, but I've heard about the ending. How could it've been done any other way, unless Fr. Martin waited to finish the book until these situations were more resolved in the real world one way or the other?  :shrug:
Well, I definitely want to live at the Gladstone estate with it's chapel tower... How cool is that?