Let's talk about Windswept House...
(03-28-2010, 04:12 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: I find it very depressing if Fr. Martin did become a sedevacantist in the end. Very depressing.

Really?  I haven't been able to find a source for it.
(04-07-2010, 07:44 PM)unknown Wrote:
(03-28-2010, 04:12 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: I find it very depressing if Fr. Martin did become a sedevacantist in the end. Very depressing.

Really?  I haven't been able to find a source for it.

Perhaps due to the Gerry Matatics and Fr. Martin's video in which they severely criticized the actions and inactions of the Holy Father. Gerry might be a bleep, but Fr. Martin being a bleep seems dubious.
I highly doubt Fr. Martin became a Sede. right before he died... I have heard people say he started to believe that the Bayside Apparitions were true, but that is the furthest off he went.
This picture makes me think of Windswept House, even if it isn't "the Slavic Pope". I'm sure "the Aryan Pope" gets his fair share, too.

It makes me think of the war of the roses.
[Image: user182652_pic5807_1269543172.jpg]

All that plotting and subterfuge...

"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
So, the only evidence to prove that Fr. Martin went sede was that photo of him assisting at a rogue ordination and a quote from his driver?  I'm not saying those aren't credible pieces of evidence, but I'm just curious as to whether there's anything more behind this.
(04-08-2010, 05:25 PM)Walty Wrote: So, the only evidence to prove that Fr. Martin went sede was that photo of him assisting at a rogue ordination and a quote from his driver?  I'm not saying those aren't credible pieces of evidence, but I'm just curious as to whether there's anything more behind this.

There's more evidence, including if you listen to how he talks about the Vatican, the tussle with StarHarbor, his relationship with Bp. McKenna, etc., but what's the point of proving it past all that?  It's just a footnote in his biography anyhow.
Oh I think it matters. I think it certainly mattered to him and also to those who've come to admire him (me  :)). But if he didn't make a big deal about it publicly, then maybe it didn't matter as much as it would've if he had say, gone and told everyone.

PS--Walty, get a new avatar pleaz! Yer killin' me.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(04-08-2010, 07:43 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Oh I think it matters. I think it certainly mattered to him and also to those who've come to admire him (me  :)). But if he didn't make a big deal about it publicly, then maybe it didn't matter as much as it would've if he had say, gone and told everyone.

PS--Walty, get a new avatar pleaz! Yer killin' me.

I agree with Jaca, Quis, but perhaps for a slightly different reason.  I have serious issue reconciling Christ's promise about the indefectibility of the visible Church and sedevacantism.  At this point, I put a lot of credence into what Fr. Martin had said regarding the past 100 years of the Church or so.  Included in that is a lot of claims regarding the Council, the current Church, Satanism, Modernism, the Third Secret of Fatima etc. etc.  Now, I think my views on those things have been backed up and shaped by many different people and documents, but Fr. Martin was a key piece to that.  If it can be proven that he went sede for sure then his words, even prior to such a theological shift, probably need to be studied a little closer and perhaps with more scrutiny.

I think it is safe to say that if he did indeed go sede then it had to have happened very late in his life.  He died in 99 right?  Every Art Bell interview I've listened to, and I believe the latest is 98, has him vehemently rejecting sedevacantism. 
(04-08-2010, 07:43 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: PS--Walty, get a new avatar pleaz! Yer killin' me.

You're just jealous.