2010 RE Congress
I suppose it's not surprise that they refuse to approve the comment I've been trying to leave, describing it mildly as a perfect example of the disintegration of the Liturgy.  Guess they only welcome those with opinions which align with their own.
there were six comments on their channel, all critical of the liturgy  and all deleted within a few hours.
... and now they are screening comments.
Shoot.  I left a comment in the "who are you dying to see" discussion thread.  It was as charitable as I could muster, just having watched most of their 'closing rite' but after reading posts here I assume it will be deleted.

In today's age, with information so quickly exchanged, why are such things permitted?  If we are watching that sacrilege you have to assume the Pope has seen it.  Why doesn't he call that Bishop to Rome and ask him to explain himself?

My other thought is how in the world can liturgical abuse go that far?  Doesn't anyone involved in the planning of that mess know what's allowed and what's not?  Did anyone in attendance?  If you want to have a liturgy full of dancing, laughing, and whatever else you're inclined, why not start your own denomination? 
(03-28-2010, 01:20 AM)bkovacs Wrote: Here is a good point brought up by someone at CAF  about this spectacle.

Quote: “Saddening. This Mass was a purposeful and direct smack in the face to the Vatican and Catholic Liturgy. The Archdiocese chose to celebrate the closing liturgy of its big RE conference illicitly.

For starters, the sacred vessels were glass and wicker.

Yet, Instruction Redemptionis Sacramentum explicitly states that,

“”Reprobated, therefore, is any practice of using for the celebration of Mass common vessels, or others lacking in quality, or devoid of all artistic merit or which are mere containers, as also other vessels made from glass, earthenware, clay, or other materials that break easily.”

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co…ml#Chapter%20V

Whoever said that must be an expert on the liturgy...
On top of it, they have now disabled ratings for the video.  Last I saw, it was rated one star (or about 35 "thumbs down" to 2 "thumbs up").  Guess they can't handle the little reality check.
I just check out the Facebook page, discussion thread on "who would you most like to see?"  Turns out the OP is an openly gay music director at a Catholic church in California.  Why was I surprised?
Savages.