Pope Benedict resigning? D:
(03-28-2010, 02:57 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: This has been satans an all along. It will get worse. Much worse. Don't fret. Don't desapair. Nows the time to STAND! I'm handling it me own way up here. Which consist in challanging those whomi hear insulting the faith or the pope to trial by dust up
So far no takers
Just words and cowards. Cowards and rummurs

I'm with DK on this one.

Most of these chuckleheads think the Pope is some elected jerk like Obama and they can write petitions and try all the leftist nonsense they do here.  Sorry, it doesn't work that way in the Church.  When they realize this, they're going to get even madder, stomping their feet because they can't have their way.

And then it's going to get even uglier.
oh yeahhhhhhhhhh
I don't understand, though. People have known for seven years that there had been a great deal of abuse in the Church. Why is the media going after him now? And maybe this is a naive question, but I don't understand why JPII didn't have to take any of the flak for it.
(03-28-2010, 05:26 PM)Satori Wrote: I don't understand, though. People have known for seven years that there had been a great deal of abuse in the Church. Why is the media going after him now?

They smell blood.

Quote: And maybe this is a naive question, but I don't understand why JPII didn't have to take any of the flak for it.

The short answer is because he's "The Great" of course - it won't even effect his canonization.  The long answer, eh, well, that would be three pages of ranting on my part.
(03-28-2010, 05:30 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(03-28-2010, 05:26 PM)Satori Wrote: I don't understand, though. People have known for seven years that there had been a great deal of abuse in the Church. Why is the media going after him now?

They smell blood.

Quote: And maybe this is a naive question, but I don't understand why JPII didn't have to take any of the flak for it.

The short answer is because he's "The Great" of course - it won't even effect his canonization.  The long answer, eh, well, that would be three pages of ranting on my part.

Well, if you feel like venting, I, for one, would be interested in your three-page answer.
We shall pray for the pope, but we can be sure, that the gates of the hell will not prevail over the Church.
(03-28-2010, 05:26 PM)Satori Wrote: I don't understand why JPII didn't have to take any of the flak for it.

Because the Secularists love him to pieces. After allhe kissed the koran and held the Assisi meetings and basicly held to a Universalist all are saved belief. Whereas Benedict who is a real Pope holds to tradition (kinda) he has said that only the Catholic Church is the Church, he released the MP, he wants a reform of reform, he upset the muslims with a speech and you may NOT ever upset a headhunter according to secularists they are the religion of peace,he makes people kneel to get communion. Its basicly every good thing this Pope has done he is hated for by the secularists. He was hated by them before he was Pope they have been after Ratzingers hide for decades. He was head of the CDF which wont allow contraception or femnazi Priests then there's Dominus Issues which was released from his office and was very conservative they in short hate him.

Oh and NO he wont resign.
(03-28-2010, 05:39 PM)glgas Wrote: We shall pray for the pope, but we can be sure, that the gates of the hell will not prevail over the Church.

HEY we AGREE on something. :cheers:
(03-28-2010, 05:33 PM)Satori Wrote:
(03-28-2010, 05:30 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

They smell blood.

Well, if you feel like venting, I, for one, would be interested in your three-page answer.

I, too, would like to hear your three page answer.
(03-28-2010, 03:08 PM)Dauphin Wrote: Absolutely not. He said today that he will not  "be intimidated by ... petty gossip":

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar...xual-abuse

GOOD.  I wish people would stop trying to find problems with his papacy.