Good Friday Rosary
I got this in an e-mail today...Don't know if this is real or not but it can't be a bad thing either way...

There is a great deal to gain and absolutely nothing to lose!

Hi Everyone,

Imagine what might happen if every Catholic in the world would pray a Rosary on the same day! We have an example in October of 1573, when Europe was saved from the invasion of the mighty Turkish fleet, by the praying of the Rosary by all Christians!

So, on Good Friday, let us all pray a Rosary for peace in the world and the return of moral values into our communities. If possible, please pray your Rosary between Noon and 3:00pm.

Also, please e-mail this message to every Catholic on your address list, and ask them to pass it along to every Catholic on their lists. Let's unite in praying one of the most powerful prayers in existence, for these intentions, on one of the holiest days in our Church year.

God bless all,
(03-29-2010, 12:43 AM)Petertherock Wrote: I got this in an e-mail today...Don't know if this is real or not but it can't be a bad thing either way...

There is a great deal to gain and absolutely nothing to lose!

Hi Everyone,

Imagine what might happen if every Catholic in the world would pray a Rosary on the same day! We have an example in October of 1573, when Europe was saved from the invasion of the mighty Turkish fleet, by the praying of the Rosary by all Christians!

So, on Good Friday, let us all pray a Rosary for peace in the world and the return of moral values into our communities. If possible, please pray your Rosary between Noon and 3:00pm.

Also, please e-mail this message to every Catholic on your address list, and ask them to pass it along to every Catholic on their lists. Let's unite in praying one of the most powerful prayers in existence, for these intentions, on one of the holiest days in our Church year.

God bless all,

Since the Gloria Patri is omitted in the Good Friday Office, should it be omitted during the Rosary on Good Friday as well?
(03-29-2010, 12:47 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: Since the Gloria Patri is omitted in the Good Friday Office, should it be omitted during the Rosary on Good Friday as well?

Since the Rosary is supposed to be imitative of the Office, I would say yes, it should be omitted.
(03-29-2010, 12:50 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(03-29-2010, 12:47 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: Since the Gloria Patri is omitted in the Good Friday Office, should it be omitted during the Rosary on Good Friday as well?

Since the Rosary is supposed to be imitative of the Office, I would say yes, it should be omitted.

Makes sense to me.  For whatever it's worth, on a traditional Catholic list at yahoogroups, someone suggested that in Passiontide the Gloria Patri in the Rosary be replaced by:

V.  Christus factus est pro nobis obediens usque ad mortem
      {Christ became obedient for us even unto death}

R.  Mortem autem crucis
      {even unto the death of the cross}
(03-29-2010, 01:16 AM)OmniaInstaurareInChristo Wrote: Makes sense to me.  For whatever it's worth, on a traditional Catholic list at yahoogroups, someone suggested that in Passiontide the Gloria Patri in the Rosary be replaced by:

V.   Christus factus est pro nobis obediens usque ad mortem
      {Christ became obedient for us even unto death}

R.   Mortem autem crucis
      {even unto the death of the cross}
That is correct, I've heard about that practice from several priests (both TLM and NO) and it is refrenced at this link:
http://www.preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/...arium.html
This site is a great source of prayers for every occasion and should be bookmarked by all (just my opinion I don't have anything to do with that site).