Lamb Moulds
I just bought this.
http://www.polartcenter.com/
[Image: 9030093-2.jpg]

And this.
[Image: 9701463-2.jpg]

I went for the UPS two day delivery, so hopefully they'll send it out quickly.

Does anyone else here use these lamb molds? Any advise?

My husband is Polish American so I put together a Swieconka basket in honor of his ancestors.

Here's the thread from last year about that.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...427.0.html

Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I have a similar lamb cake mold made by Wilson. I do have some advice.

Make sure you use batter for a heavy, solid cake. Pound cake is ideal. Fluffy cake will not work.

Be sure to use plenty of heavy grease on the pan -- not butter. Grease every centimeter, then flour.

The sticking-out parts of the lamb can be a bit dodgy. My mold makes stick-up ears, which I see yours doesn't have, but you might try strengthening the lamb's muzzle by laying a couple of broken-off pieces of uncooked spaghetti across the batter in that part of the mold. Some people use little wooden sticks, but spaghetti is better because you can eat it and don't have to worry about getting splinters in your gums.
I would be wary of lamb mold.

A lamb mould, however, could make a cute cake.
(03-29-2010, 10:39 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I would be wary of lamb mold.

A lamb mould, however, could make a cute cake.

duly noted, teacher.  ;)
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

(03-29-2010, 10:12 AM)Satori Wrote: I have a similar lamb cake mold made by Wilson. I do have some advice.

Make sure you use batter for a heavy, solid cake. Pound cake is ideal. Fluffy cake will not work.

Be sure to use plenty of heavy grease on the pan -- not butter. Grease every centimeter, then flour.

The sticking-out parts of the lamb can be a bit dodgy. My mold makes stick-up ears, which I see yours doesn't have, but you might try strengthening the lamb's muzzle by laying a couple of broken-off pieces of uncooked spaghetti across the batter in that part of the mold. Some people use little wooden sticks, but spaghetti is better because you can eat it and don't have to worry about getting splinters in your gums.

Pound cake, okay that sounds like good advice.

Heavy grease, like Crisco?

Uncooked spaghetti? I'm impressed with your culinary expertise, as usual. Will do.

Thanks, Satori!

Crisco is fine. Good and greasy.

I can't take credit for the spaghetti, I'm afraid, but I tried it last year and it worked for me, so I feel confident in passing the advice along.
(03-29-2010, 12:40 PM)Satori Wrote: Crisco is fine. Good and greasy.

I can't take credit for the spaghetti, I'm afraid, but I tried it last year and it worked for me, so I feel confident in passing the advice along.

How cute that your lamby's ears stick out. But so tricky, no?

So tricky, yes!
(03-29-2010, 12:54 PM)Satori Wrote: So tricky, yes!

I could've guessed that you'd have to pick the more challenging lamb.  ;)

Culinary-wise, I mean.

Actually, I think it was the only one I could find.

A nice-looking critter he is, though.