Lamb Moulds
My friend, I would no more own synthetic yarn than I would use margarine.
(03-31-2010, 12:58 PM)Satori Wrote: My friend, I would no more own synthetic yarn than I would use margarine.

No margarine? Oh, u r such the purist.

That's very sweet of you to take such good care of your in-laws.

The Fed Ex man just came to my door and I'm besides myself with delight because I'm now the owner of one cake mould, and one butter mold. That's what the boxes tell me. Even they can't seem to agree on the spelling.  :shrug:
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
The butter people and the UtDeuses spell it incorrectly.
There's probably a discrepancy in spelling, Jaca, because you bought one American mold and one European mould. Congratulations on the arrival of your adorable twins! Please post a picture of your beautiful Easter table with the lamb-shaped goodies. I know you will set a very nice one. I'm curious about the butter mold -- how you're going to use it -- and a little envious, because neither myself nor my husband are Polish. Boo.

No, no margarine. I consider myself very broad-minded because I sometimes use vegetable shortening in my baking.
(03-31-2010, 01:34 PM)Satori Wrote: There's probably a discrepancy in spelling, Jaca, because you bought one American mold and one European mould. Congratulations on the arrival of your adorable twins! Please post a picture of your beautiful Easter table with the lamb-shaped goodies. I know you will set a very nice one. I'm curious about the butter mold -- how you're going to use it -- and a little envious, because neither myself nor my husband are Polish. Boo.

No, no margarine. I consider myself very broad-minded because I sometimes use vegetable shortening in my baking.

Oh yes of course, that was it! The mould is from Germany and the mold is from right here in New jersey. Both lambs came to me via Miami. Very quickly. John frowned at me for using Fed Ex, but it was worth it to get them here in time.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Surely John will smile when he sees that cute little butter lamb beaming up at him from the Easter table.
(03-31-2010, 01:32 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: The butter people and the UtDeuses spell it incorrectly.

here-modernist!
(03-31-2010, 12:58 PM)Satori Wrote: My friend, I would no more own synthetic yarn than I would use margarine.

Margarine is a concoction of the devil.  It's documented.
Those are the cutest things ever, I want a lamb mold/mould!  Our (Prot.) Easter tradition was a coconut cake with an "Easter Basket" of green coconut and jelly beans in the center.  Makes me wonder if there was a lamb at some point in the past and the cake was just easier. I was looking at pictures of "lambs" on line and saw one with a pink jellybean nose. Awwww.....
I hope they're Jelly Belly jelly beans...