Lamb Moulds
Jelly Belly's make cuter lamb noses? ???
Of course!
(03-31-2010, 01:32 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: The butter people and the UtDeuses spell it incorrectly.

All I will do is point out the fact that "mould" being British is obviously the Protestant spelling.

Ha!
(03-31-2010, 05:39 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: All I will do is point out the fact that "mould" being British is obviously the Protestant spelling.

Ha!

Touché
(03-31-2010, 02:34 PM)kimbaichan Wrote: Those are the cutest things ever, I want a lamb mold/mould!  

After entry into the Church, you need to spell it "mold".  That's the Catholic way.  For now you can spell it "mould" in honor of your Protestant ancestors.

:laughing:
(03-31-2010, 05:40 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(03-31-2010, 02:34 PM)kimbaichan Wrote: Those are the cutest things ever, I want a lamb mold/mould!  

After entry into the Church, you need to spell it "mold".  That's the Catholic way.  For now you can spell it "mould" in honor of your Protestant ancestors.

:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:Thanks, Quis.

BTW, my German and French ancestors are rolling over in their respective graves that you called them Protestant, it's not their fault their descendants got off track.
(03-31-2010, 07:52 AM)Satori Wrote: Ask Vox how she gets her lambie ears to stay in one piece, since she and I have the same mold.

I asked her, and she doesn't do anything special.  She thought as I did it might be the mix as opposed to scratch that gives it a better stay-together power.  She remembered that the instructions with it actually said to use a mix.

So, I guess either lower your standards and use a mix, or change the consistency of the recipe you use.

Oh, I thought I had mentioned that she makes it especially for me every year because it's a fond childhood memory for me, but I didn't.  But it's true.  She makes it for me (though the kids get a kick out of it, too).

I told her about the flag/banner idea.  Maybe we'll try that this year.  One way it could be done besides a cookie is white chocolate...
(03-31-2010, 08:40 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(03-31-2010, 07:52 AM)Satori Wrote: Ask Vox how she gets her lambie ears to stay in one piece, since she and I have the same mold.

I asked her, and she doesn't do anything special.  She thought as I did it might be the mix as opposed to scratch that gives it a better stay-together power.  She remembered that the instructions with it actually said to use a mix.

So, I guess either lower your standards and use a mix, or change the consistency of the recipe you use.

Oh, I thought I had mentioned that she makes it especially for me every year because it's a fond childhood memory for me, but I didn't.  But it's true.  She makes it for me (though the kids get a kick out of it, too).

I told her about the flag/banner idea.  Maybe we'll try that this year.  One way it could be done besides a cookie is white chocolate...

I remember the very post in which you fondly described what "good old Mom" did at Easter with her lamb cake on the bed of green coconut, etc. I want my Lucy to have similar fond memories, even if our lamb has manky ears because crazy old Mum insisted on making poundcake from scratch, with bits of uncooked spaghetti to help them stay on.

I suggested white chocolate for the banner, but that would required prior planning, wouldn't it? You'd have to somehow come up with a banner-shaped mold 'n' all. A cookie would be a lot easier.
(03-31-2010, 09:12 PM)Satori Wrote: I suggested white chocolate for the banner, but that would required prior planning, wouldn't it? You'd have to somehow come up with a banner-shaped mold 'n' all. A cookie would be a lot easier.

Boy, you're really against cheating, aren't you?  You need to learn to cheat better.  How do you think I graduated?  Er, never mind...

Buy a white chocolate bar, cut it into the shape of a banner, get the food coloring paint stuff and paint it.  Make an edible glue or slightly melt the chocolate, smack it onto a pretzel stick, and behold yon banner!  At least, that's what I might try to do...

Another thing my mom did was dye some coconut pastel colors via the food coloring /freezer bag trick.  Then, shape balls of ice cream into an egg (I think she did it by hand, but for all I know she could have used an old L'eggs container - do they still have those any more?).  Roll in the coconut, put in the freezer to de-melt.  Ice cream easter eggs!

She did the same at Christmas but made them into balls and used mainly red, green, and white coconut.

We should take pictures of our lambie cakes - failures included, no shame in trying! - and post them.  I'll try to remember to do that with Vox's.
First I'm called a Judaizer, a convert from Judaism who's married to a Jew (or Jewish convert), and now I'm Protestantizing?

Damn, man.

It's been a hard week at Fisheaters.