Lamb Moulds
http://catholiccuisine.blogspot.com/2010...aster.html

[Image: IMG_7372.jpg]
Just think, WRC, next year you can have a butter/chocolate/poundcake lamb on your table, and an even sweeter little lamb on your lap.

And oh, my goodness, I just had a luscious thought. Here I was thinking about buying a little lamb mold so I could have a butter lamb next year, and it occurred to me that I could fill my large mold with butter! Certainly we use enough of it around here to justify such a thing.
(04-02-2010, 02:08 PM)Satori Wrote: Just think, WRC, next year you can have a butter/chocolate/poundcake lamb on your table, and an even sweeter little lamb on your lap.

And oh, my goodness, I just had a luscious thought. Here I was thinking about buying a little lamb mold so I could have a butter lamb next year, and it occurred to me that I could fill my large mold with butter! Certainly we use enough of it around here to justify such a thing.

Well, you could do that or else you can buy a lamb butter mold for under ten dollars... I really think you'll spend more money on the butter it takes to fill the cake mould than on the smaller butter mold itself.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(04-03-2010, 06:50 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(04-02-2010, 02:08 PM)Satori Wrote: Just think, WRC, next year you can have a butter/chocolate/poundcake lamb on your table, and an even sweeter little lamb on your lap.

Well, you could do that or else you can buy a lamb butter mold for under ten dollars... I really think you'll spend more money on the butter it takes to fill the cake mould than on the smaller butter mold itself.

True, but I was enjoying the voluptuous, buttery thought of all that creamy goodness.
(04-03-2010, 07:32 AM)Satori Wrote:
(04-03-2010, 06:50 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:

True, but I was enjoying the voluptuous, buttery thought of all that creamy goodness.

Mine's in the freezer now! I need to go pop him out and have a look see.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Jaca, do you suppose that little lamb mold could be used to make chocolate lambs? That would be such a cute thing for my daughter's Easter basket, especially since I allow no Easter bunnies.
(04-03-2010, 12:59 PM)Satori Wrote: Jaca, do you suppose that little lamb mold could be used to make chocolate lambs? That would be such a cute thing for my daughter's Easter basket, especially since I allow no Easter bunnies.

Yes, the instructions say that it can be used for either butter or chocolate.  :)

That's a LOT of butter... 

I like it.

Eggs fried in butter.  :eats:
Well, what did you all have for Easter dinner? We went French: boeuf bourginonne (sp?), asparagus salad, fresh-from-the-oven baguette. And pickled eggs for a nice touch of color, although I'm the only one who likes them. For dessert, carrot cake, since my lamb mold is in storage.

Actually, I think next year I might make one of those German (I think) Easter cakes that looks like a cross between a crown and a cathedral -- another pretty mold to buy for my collection!
(04-05-2010, 12:27 PM)Satori Wrote: Well, what did you all have for Easter dinner? We went French: boeuf bourginonne (sp?), asparagus salad, fresh-from-the-oven baguette. And pickled eggs for a nice touch of color, although I'm the only one who likes them. For dessert, carrot cake, since my lamb mold is in storage.

Actually, I think next year I might make one of those German (I think) Easter cakes that looks like a cross between a crown and a cathedral -- another pretty mold to buy for my collection!

Very lovely!  :)