Poll: As a hypothetical, let us say that you lived in an area where the only (and I mean only) Catholic presence was a lifeteen parish. There wasn't another Catholic church of any rite within many days travel. The lifeteen parish is atrocious, in addition to it
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

choice between liturgies
Don't really have much of a thought on this, it just popped into my head for some reason this morning. Wonder what other peoples reaction to such a scenario might be.
Anybody else think this is a false hypothetical?
THats tough for me I was Eastern Orthodox for quite awhile but I'd probably stay home and read through my missal.
What the heck is a "lifeteen" parish?
I voted for the orthodox one, but I want to change my vote to staying at home.
(03-29-2010, 06:39 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: What the heck is a "lifeteen" parish?

What's a false hypothetical?
(03-29-2010, 06:44 PM)Christopher Wrote: What's a false hypothetical?

This scenario would not happen in real life.  What is the point in engaging in the hypothetical. 
(03-29-2010, 05:57 PM)Christopher Wrote: Don't really have much of a thought on this, it just popped into my head for some reason this morning. Wonder what other peoples reaction to such a scenario might be.

I have no experience with Lifeteen. I'd judge it by itself (so, go to it once).

If there were a problem with it which would make me unable to attend it, I'd stay home.
suck it up : to make the effort required to do or deal with something difficult or unpleasant

This definition applies to a few people from Jesus' followers who were present at the crucifixion.

As for the masses of the Schismatic-Orthodox Church  read Pius IX decision Denzinger 1685-1687

1687 Therefore, the faithful should especially shun this London
society, because those sympathizing with it favor indifferentism and
engender scandal.

The danger of indifferentism applies to the schismatics too (mentioned before)

To attend Mass is obligation under the pain of mortal sin on Holy days of obligation, and disklikeof the outside form is not sufficient reason to miss it.

I suppose that the lifeteen masses are like the guitar masses but the attendance is mostly teenagers, and guys look for the gals and vice versa as they do on the TLM masses.

So a forth answer is missing:

Go to lifeteen Mass and enjoy the beauty of the youth sanctified by the Holy Mass.