Poll: As a hypothetical, let us say that you lived in an area where the only (and I mean only) Catholic presence was a lifeteen parish. There wasn't another Catholic church of any rite within many days travel. The lifeteen parish is atrocious, in addition to it
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

choice between liturgies
Lifeteen is a lay organization, original established by an Arizona priest (Fushek) who is recently under criminal investigation for sexual abuses.

After a while the movement get away from Fushek, and lives its own life. without any hierachical-jurisdictional control.

Some, mostly liberal, parishes accept them to operate in the establishment of the Church, but naturally they have no parish, they have no priestly organization, and consequently they do not have their own masses neither.  Probably the lifeteen parish is a parish were they are present, and the lifeteen Mass is the Mass what they mostly attend.

We had here fro a while an honest priest from the beautiful Texas, he opposed the movement, and found it inefficient.

Despite this fact, I have serious doubt that they can destroy the value of the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Such lay organizations existed in the late fifties and early sixties too, some were efficient (mostly does lead by priests), some not, but they were harmless, unless someone beliveved that they are the center of the Catholic faith and not Jesus Christ.
I put EO in the (probably false) understanding that their priests have apostolic succession and therefore the real presence is, well, real. Can someone help me?  :shrug:
Don't listen to gglas....you can tell from the videos I posted that there is nothing sanctifying about this mess.

(03-29-2010, 07:14 PM)glgas Wrote: Go to lifeteen Mass and enjoy the beauty of the youth sanctified by the Holy Mass.

WOW  :o
(03-29-2010, 10:08 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Don't listen to gglas....you can tell from the videos I posted that there is nothing sanctifying about this mess.

The priest is using bread and wine, pronounces the proper words, and want to do what the Church do (now in present tense). By the power of the Sacrament Jesus Christ is present of that Mass.

Unfortunately the something, the intention do do what the present Church does, could be missing in some sede... masses, and since they are outside of the Church, nothing can supply for the deficiency.

4 Si intentio non sit actualis in ipsa consecratione propter evagationem mentis, sed virtualis, cum accedens ad Altare intendat facere quod facit Ecclesia, conficitur Sacramentum, etsi curare debet Sacerdos, ut etiam actualem intentionem adhibeas.
(03-30-2010, 06:42 AM)glgas Wrote:
(03-29-2010, 10:08 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Don't listen to gglas....you can tell from the videos I posted that there is nothing sanctifying about this mess.

The priest is using bread and wine, pronounces the proper words, and want to do what the Church do (now in present tense). By the power of the Sacrament Jesus Christ is present of that Mass.

Unfortunately the something, the intention do do what the present Church does, could be missing in some sede... masses, and since they are outside of the Church, nothing can supply for the deficiency.

This intention is definitely missing in more than a few Novus Ordo masses. And even more so as the crisis in the church goes on...

Giggles, you are not correct concerning your assertion that Intention to do as The Church always has done is a missing component in some sedevacantist masses. This is almost never the case. Intention has nothing to do with their sedevacantist beliefs. They are entirely separate issues. You really should study Sacramental Theology a wee-bit more. Even a compotent Novus Ordo Theologian would tell you this. 

Four things are necessary for transubstantiation to take place: a validly-ordained priest, proper matter, proper form and proper intention. The only component of these four that might invalidate a Sede priest's efforts at transubstantiation is who ordained him and whether or not this individual was a validly consecrated bishop, many sede bishops are validly consecrated. Some are probably not.
(03-30-2010, 06:42 AM)glgas Wrote:

4 Si intentio non sit actualis in ipsa consecratione propter evagationem mentis, sed virtualis, cum accedens ad Altare intendat facere quod facit Ecclesia, conficitur Sacramentum, etsi curare debet Sacerdos, ut etiam actualem intentionem adhibeas.

The idea of a "youth Mass" (or any Mass aimed at a particular group of people such as a Mass incorporating native american elements or hispanic constumes) makes the Mass about the people attending rather than Christ's sacrifice on the altar.

Masses like these don't sanctify anyone, they just deify man.

The music in a lifeteen mass is entertainment. The singer is in front of the congregation and becomes a focal point, the loud and jarring nature of the music means it takes pride of place in the liturgy rather than being a backdrop conductive to prayer, the words are not from sacred scripture or the liturgy and no Church document in history, including those after Vatican II, has recommended this type of music be used in the Mass.

The kids gather around the altar at the consecration which turns the most pivotal, sacrificial moment of the Mass into a "community" experience and devalues the consecration.

I had to attend crap like this when I was in high school. The kids just laugh, they can do a far better job at making everything about them than the priests can.

I agree.  I could not go to the lifeteen mass, for fear of insulting and offending Our Lord.
Just consider giggles (thanks for that one Matthew Talbot)  our resident NO modernist.

(03-30-2010, 12:13 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Just consider giggles (thanks for that one Matthew Talbot)  our resident NO modernist.

I think that is an unfair characterization and name-calling is not very becoming of a good Catholic.