Prof of Theology at ND writes "Pope Benedict's Conservative Agenda Could Fail"
This is seriously depressing. I made the HUGE mistake of googling "Pope should resign" and every newspaper is calling for the Pope's resignation. Even Catholic reporters are ripping the Holy Father to shreds. As a Catholic and a mother I am so angry at the implications. My heart aches for the victims. I am also worried about the loss of faith, not so much of life-long Catholics, but of those entering the Church and those feeling drawn to Catholicism. What must they think? I need to take another long look at the quote in my sig line, and not allow these scandals to fill me with dread. Not to be an ostrich with her head in the sand, but I must stop reading all of this.  :(
(03-30-2010, 10:07 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: This is seriously depressing. I made the HUGE mistake of googling "Pope should resign" and every newspaper is calling for the Pope's resignation. Even Catholic reporters are ripping the Holy Father to shreds. As a Catholic and a mother I am so angry at the implications. My heart aches for the victims. I am also worried about the loss of faith, not so much of life-long Catholics, but of those entering the Church and those feeling drawn to Catholicism. What must they think? I need to take another long look at the quote in my sig line, and not allow these scandals to fill me with dread. Not to be an ostrich with her head in the sand, but I must stop reading all of this.  :(

Bishop Williamson Wrote:Q: What do you think of the highly negative media reaction in the United States too the election of Cardinal Ratzinger as Pope? The media described him as arch-conservative, hardliner, former member of the Hitler Youth, and so on.

A: The vile media do not like him because he’s a “conservative liberal,” not a “liberal liberal.” And that’s to his credit. He’s a decent man. The media have no idea what a real Catholic is. If they did, they would scream for his martyrdom, they would scream for his skin. They’re yelling at Ratzinger because he’s a “conservative liberal.” If he were a real conservative, the media would be screaming even more.

The more orthodox B16 shows himself to be, the more they will want to kill him.  Quite literally.
(03-30-2010, 10:13 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: The more orthodox B16 shows himself to be, the more they will want to kill him.  Quite literally.

Well I agree with you, and Bp Williamson, there.
(03-30-2010, 09:04 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: at least brigham young had a catholic daughter. doubt mcbrian does
lol

What Catholic daughter? I live in Salt Lake City, the heart of Mormondom and have never heard that.  Please, do tell.
(03-30-2010, 10:07 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: This is seriously depressing. I made the HUGE mistake of googling "Pope should resign" and every newspaper is calling for the Pope's resignation. Even Catholic reporters are ripping the Holy Father to shreds. As a Catholic and a mother I am so angry at the implications. My heart aches for the victims. I am also worried about the loss of faith, not so much of life-long Catholics, but of those entering the Church and those feeling drawn to Catholicism. What must they think? I need to take another long look at the quote in my sig line, and not allow these scandals to fill me with dread. Not to be an ostrich with her head in the sand, but I must stop reading all of this.  :(

I am doing my best to ignore it. But I caught part of Larry King tonight and he was interviewing Sinead O'Connor, some Victim of abuse, Bill Donahue and a Priest from the Legionairs of Christ it was ridiculous just in time for Easter too. The Judeo/Masons planned this attack well.
I'm no expert on mormonism. But if u go to the other religions forum  and read the mormonism thread u will find a post refering to this with a cite as to where to dig up the info.
My knowlege of mormonism is either from the tank or insulting them on me porch as I was sippin me bear and nibblin beer nuts. I even through some at them when they walked away loL
That's all I know they came up and bothered me while I was enjoyon a brew and for that a vendetta was declared and I won't stop till I'm satasfied me sips been  avanged!!!!!!!
We must be back on the right track.  Satan comes at you the hardest when you are furthest from him.  Bring it on.
"Fr. McBrien" is from the Seattle Archdiocese. I'm sorry to say that is my Diocese. I hide my head in shame for the words of this man. he is the remanent of the Hunthousen era. Abp Murphy, Hunthousen's successor failed to clean house as has Abp Brunett. Perhaps when we get a new Abp we will get this matter settled once and for all.

I'm hoping and praying Bishop Vasa will get a promotion.
While it's bad enough a lot of CINOs will read newsweek and be influenced, our diocesan (Davenport) newspaper includes his articles. I have written to the editor and included a copy to the bishop regarding his "theology" and its danger to the souls of his flock, but only got a response from the editor stating they include all viewpoints. It's hard to fight the enemy outside the gates when supposed bishops are collaborating from the inside. 
Here's another entry from our parish priest's blog, directly related to this article:

http://owloftheremove.blogspot.com/2010/...-kiss.html

"Betrayed by a Kiss

The "ad intra" encouragement of disloyalty to the Pope just got a huge boost from Fr. Richard McBrien, the well-known heterodox professor from Notre Dame. He really should be ashamed of the article he penned in Newsweek. The reality is that people who are warning about potential schism in the Church are actually behind on the story: the schism is real, and has been for some time - the difference is, they don't leave the Church anymore, they try and corrupt it from within. The danger to the precious faith of the ordinary faithful when those who speak, apparently in the name of the Church, is immense. Let us never forget that Jesus' warning about the "little ones" and the millstone was not about children but the little poor ones, those of a simple and humble faith. Another kiss in the Garden from Fr. McBrien. How appropriate on 'Spy Wednesday.'"