Pope Benedict being 'scourged at the pillar,' says New York archbishop
Rather than concern ourselves with the opinions and lies of the mainstream media, Catholic Dissenters, and other opponents, we should encourage and support each other.

"Sunday Mass is hardly the place to document the inaccuracy, bias, and hyperbole of such aspersions,” he added.“But, Sunday Mass is indeed the time for Catholics to pray for … Benedict our Pope.”

“And Palm Sunday Mass is sure a fitting place for us to express our love and solidarity for our earthly shepherd now suffering some of the same unjust accusations, shouts of the mob, and scourging at the pillar, as did Jesus.”

Archbishop Dolan then defended Pope Benedict from the articles attempting to establish that he mismanaged sexually abusive priests.

“No one has been more vigorous in cleansing the Church of the effects of this sickening sin than the man we now call Pope Benedict XVI,” Archbishop Dolan stressed. “The dramatic progress that the Catholic Church in the United States has made – documented again just last week by the report made by independent forensic auditors – could never have happened without the insistence and support of the very man now being daily crowned with thorns by groundless innuendo.”"

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/p...rchbishop/
Amen. We should be supporting and encouraging each other, and praying for the Holy Father. I am not one for conspiracies, but there is most certainly a conspiracy against Pope Benedict. It sickens me, and scares me. And during Holy Week. Appropriate in its sadness.
Indeed.  :pray:
Can you hear the crowd yelling "Crucify him! Crucify him!"  ?
(03-31-2010, 09:34 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Can you hear the crowd yelling "Crucify him! Crucify him!"  ?

yes. 

pray for the pope.
The following prayer is taken from the Roman Missal. A partial indulgence is attached to the versicle and response.
V. Oremus pro Pontifice nostro N. (Benedicto) V. Let us pray for N, (Benedict)our Pope.
R. Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra, et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum eius. [Ps 40:3] R. May the Lord preserve him, and give him life, and make him blessed upon the earth, and deliver him not up to the will of his enemies. [Ps 40:3]
Pater Noster, Ave Maria. Our Father, Hail Mary.
Deus, omnium fidelium pastor et rector, famulum tuum N., (Benedictum) quem pastorem Ecclesiae tuae praeesse voluisti, propitius respice: da ei, quaesumus, verbo et exemplo, quibus praeest, proficere: ut ad vitam, una cum grege sibi credito, perveniat sempiternam. Per Christum, Dominum nostrum. Amen. O God, Shepherd and Ruler of all Thy faithful people, look mercifully upon Thy servant N, (Benedict) whom Thou hast chosen as shepherd to preside over Thy Church. Grant him, we beseech Thee, that by his word and example, he may edify those over whom he hath charge, so that together with the flock committed to him, may he attain everlasting life. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Latin from "Preces Ante et Post Missam", Ratisbon, 1955. See also the Raccolta #654 & Enchiridion Indulgentiarum. Tr. MWM
tim
(03-31-2010, 10:03 AM)timoose Wrote: The following prayer is taken from the Roman Missal. A partial indulgence is attached to the versicle and response.
V. Oremus pro Pontifice nostro N. (Benedicto) V. Let us pray for N, (Benedict)our Pope.
R. Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra, et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum eius. [Ps 40:3] R. May the Lord preserve him, and give him life, and make him blessed upon the earth, and deliver him not up to the will of his enemies. [Ps 40:3]
Deus, omnium fidelium pastor et rector, famulum tuum N., (Benedictum) quem pastorem Ecclesiae tuae praeesse voluisti, propitius respice: da ei, quaesumus, verbo et exemplo, quibus praeest, proficere: ut ad vitam, una cum grege sibi credito, perveniat sempiternam. Per Christum, Dominum nostrum. Amen. O God, Shepherd and Ruler of all Thy faithful people, look mercifully upon Thy servant N, (Benedict) whom Thou hast chosen as shepherd to preside over Thy Church. Grant him, we beseech Thee, that by his word and example, he may edify those over whom he hath charge, so that together with the flock committed to him, may he attain everlasting life. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Latin from "Preces Ante et Post Missam", Ratisbon, 1955. See also the Raccolta #654 & Enchiridion Indulgentiarum. Tr. MWM
tim

tim, why don't you post the prayer in the oratory so more people will see and pray it?  we all need to be praying for him and an indulgenced prayer from the Roman Missal is especially good to use.

(03-31-2010, 10:38 AM)i.p.i. Wrote:
(03-31-2010, 10:03 AM)timoose Wrote: The following prayer is taken from the Roman Missal. A partial indulgence is attached to the versicle and response.

tim

tim, why don't you post the prayer in the oratory so more people will see and pray it?  we all need to be praying for him and an indulgenced prayer from the Roman Missal is especially good to use.

I second that.  I have never seen this prayer before, even though I have a 1962 missal.  Of course, I am still learning all of the prayers in it! 

Let's pray much for our Holy Father. :pray2:
This prayer was actually set to music by Italo Bianchi and it's beautiful. It is available for download from the Vatican website. PM me and I can send it to you.