Liturgesy
(03-31-2010, 06:09 PM)ketchum Wrote: wasn't sure where to put this

In the trash, preferably.
(03-31-2010, 08:10 PM)franklinf Wrote: Why is this still allowed? Why doesn't the Vatican act?

Perhaps when Cdl. Mahony retires they will name a more orthodox bishop.   There's another thread about why the Vatican may act or not, but my opinion is that going on an all-out attack won't work.  It will take time to clean this mess up.

Quote:OR is this perfectly acceptable by the Church? Hardly looks like a Catholic Mass.

I do not think it would be acceptable to B16 at all.  He's made clear through word and example what he expects a NO to look like.  As far as acceptable to the Church, well, that goes to my other point that it would be nice if the Church Magisterially said what the NO should look like (or better, abrogate it).
(03-31-2010, 07:19 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: I watched about 3 minutes. Had to quit. I honestly do not know whether to scream or cry! I think I will just say the Rosary and shed a tear. :pray:

DITTO on that. I saw this about a week before it appeared on the board. I thought twice before posting it, I felt it was unnecessary after all we already know who mahoney is and this is his last flicker as he goes in to that journey in to the night.
(03-31-2010, 08:18 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Perhaps when Cdl. Mahony retires they will name a more orthodox bishop.   There's another thread about why the Vatican may act or not, but my opinion is that going on an all-out attack won't work.  It will take time to clean this mess up.

I disagree with the notion that it should take any amount of time to clean up this mess.  You may be right, Quis, that it "will" take time, but that only means that Benedict XVI "will" take his time to clean it up.  In the Olden Days, Popes took action (not all, of course) when their appointed bishops went astray.  We have seen very little discipline (of any substance) in recent memory.  Benedict XVI could put the hammer down any time he wished.  He is fearful of the effect on the Church as a whole, but then, the Church is splintering anyway. Or, maybe it is better to say, souls are falling into Hell like raindrops anyway, so ought Benedict XVI not just lay down the law and let those who want to abandon the Church do so?  Those in the video are as good as lost, as far as I can tell.  A few might come back if they see some sort of solid foundation from Benedict XVI.
(03-31-2010, 11:08 PM)Anthem Wrote:
(03-31-2010, 08:18 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Perhaps when Cdl. Mahony retires they will name a more orthodox bishop.   There's another thread about why the Vatican may act or not, but my opinion is that going on an all-out attack won't work.  It will take time to clean this mess up.

I disagree with the notion that it should take any amount of time to clean up this mess.  You may be right, Quis, that it "will" take time, but that only means that Benedict XVI "will" take his time to clean it up.  In the Olden Days, Popes took action (not all, of course) when their appointed bishops went astray.  We have seen very little discipline (of any substance) in recent memory.  Benedict XVI could put the hammer down any time he wished.  He is fearful of the effect on the Church as a whole, but then, the Church is splintering anyway. Or, maybe it is better to say, souls are falling into Hell like raindrops anyway, so ought Benedict XVI not just lay down the law and let those who want to abandon the Church do so?  Those in the video are as good as lost, as far as I can tell.  A few might come back if they see some sort of solid foundation from Benedict XVI.

Agreed as far as Benedict liking Hich Church No's but allowing this and at the same time decrying it well the buck stops with him its time he does his business regarding the NO or get off the pot.
(03-31-2010, 06:43 PM)littlerose Wrote: All it needs at the begining are some bhagdad pants tied with bells at the ankles and some navel jewels. And of course Jeannie should appear on the central cube, waiting for her astronaut.

I was  thinking along similar lines. It looked and sounded like a combination of a Hindu ceremony with the Hindu-esque chanting and having a bunch of people with pots of incense dancing around the altar, or what passed for an altar, and then it morphed into Charismatic worship.