Good article on how to handle the lavender priesthood
And of course destroy them once and for all.

http://news.scotsman.com/comment/Gerald-...6186172.jp

I read this somewhere else too its a great article. Its so true its an opportune time for the Pope to remove all the queer Bishops (cough) (cough) and queer enabling Bishops but I doubt it will happen he'd be left with only a handful of Bishops to run the Church.

Edit by Quis remove calmuny / detraction
Then ordain the vast majority of the SSPX priesthood into bishops - that oughta fix the Church in a hurry.
I usually don't say anything and just read others opinions, but this...
(03-31-2010, 08:03 PM)Nic Wrote: Then ordain the vast majority of the SSPX priesthood into bishops - that oughta fix the Church in a hurry.

is genius.
(03-31-2010, 08:03 PM)Nic Wrote: Then ordain the vast majority of the SSPX priesthood into bishops - that oughta fix the Church in a hurry.

I do not agree with that. I think we should first regularize the order and work with the Bishops it already has.
(03-31-2010, 07:13 PM)Baskerville Wrote: I read this somewhere else too its a great article. Its so true its an opportune time for the Pope to remove all the queer Bishops (cough) Mahony(cough) and queer enabling Bishops but I doubt it will happen he'd be left with only a handful of Bishops to run the Church.

I don't know if it will happen or not, but as I said in another thread, what is there to lose?  If things are falling apart under the supervision of incompetent bishops, let them fall apart in the absence of incompetent bishops.  The "falling apart" is happening anyway.  And, yes, name some new bishops from the ranks of the most traditional communities out there, regardless of acronym or "prior experience".  I'd rather see a devoted, faithful novice (relatively speaking) as a bishop than an ecclesiastically-experienced homosexual as my bishop.  I believe in (not so) ancient Church history, there were a number of young bishops, promoted to that status because of their faith, rather than their experience. Let the Holy Spirit do his work, Benedict XVI!

'Consecrate,' not 'ordain' ...they're already priests ;)
This is a comment someone made on one of the news stories about this...It's too bad he's going to Hell because he's a gay atheist now but he knows what he is talking about...

Quote:What is being missed here is, that beside the terrible acts of child molestation, is that a very high percent of the Catholic priesthood is gay or bi-sexual and, for some reason, many are pedophilics. I'm a believer in the iceberg principle of human behavior -- if oen person does something bad, four or five were thinking about doing it. I'm gay, raised Catholic (never molested)and now an atheist. I have known three gay priests and one active gay bishop who became the lover of a friend of mine. I disliked him, not because he was gay, but because he was such a hyprocrite. There's something about that church that draws gay men into it. That's what the pope should look into. The huge number of gay priests protecting each other makes these bad things possible. For some reason, gay priests don't seem to think that their vow of chastity applies to male sex.
(03-31-2010, 10:38 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:

I do not agree with that. I think we should first regularize the order and work with the Bishops it already has.

Not every SSPX priest would be a good bishop as well.
(04-01-2010, 01:45 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(03-31-2010, 10:38 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:

Not every SSPX priest would be a good bishop as well.

The "vast majority" would be MUCH better than the "vast majority" of what we have at this point in time.