Alumnus says anti-semitism ruled sspx seminary
According to Pryor, Bishop Williamson started out the first day of seminary with a diatribe about Jewish world dominion.  On the basis of what I have read about Williamson *from sympathetic sources,* I have no difficulty believing this.  I also would say that this probably testifies to an imbalance in Williamson's priorities:  Catholic-Jewish relations trumping more pressing matters for first-day seminarians, like preparing for the priesthood.  All things in good time?  I do not sympathize much with Pryor.  But Bishop Williamson gets what he asks for.  He made Holocaust revisionism, etc., his schtick when there was no need for it.  Now he and a lot of others pay for it. 
(04-03-2010, 02:05 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: I have read some of the things that Bishop Williamson has said and non of his comments seem to be "level headed" to me.  Please explain to me how he comes across to you as level headed, I am asking this sincerely as many times we miss the forest for the trees so I want to know if I am wrong.

Because if you are wrong, making Bp. Williamson the poster boy for all things "Trad" does not seem to me as a wise move.

First, it was Bishop Fellay and not Bishop Williamson that I said gave a level-headed response initially to the awful media when the attack on Williamson and ultimately the Pope and the Church occurred.  Fellay lost his ground when he flip flopped and silenced Bishop W. and said if he speaks about one particular secular matter of History he is out of the SSPX.  So, ultimately publicly  the Holocaust is now de facto dogma for priests in the SSPX. to question it is heresy. 

Second, if you think nothing Bishop Williamson has ever said has seemed level headed to you, then you simply are being biased.  But to answer your question, it is completely level headed to look at every event in life from a Catholic perspective if you want to gain an objective understanding.  Williamson has been consistent for 26 years on tape with Bernard Janzen.  If you have a specific issue, then cite it. 

http://www.triumphcommunications.net/rwilliamson.html

Third, I'm not making Bishop W the poster boy for anything.  It is Pryor and his ilk who are making a caricature of the Bishop and painting the entire SSPX with that broad brush. 

(04-03-2010, 02:11 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Generalizations are good. But they mean squat.
Show which trad is worshipping their nation. Then I will cede your point. Until u show it. Just empty rhetoric 

I'm hesitant to name the names since I wasn't there, but Pryor's sister was reported to have stood up and shouted "God Bless America!" and stormed out when the Bishop wasn't following the Neo-Con line of America being "Divinely founded by God." Pryor's Mother is reported to be a mover and shaker there as well and while being known as a nice lady  is also well known for her dislike of Bishop Williamson and the whole familie's enthusiastic support for the Bush administration and thing Republican regardless of the Catholicity of the position.

This is probably where Pryor gets his fawning over all things Israel "America's greatest ally in the Middle East and one of our best friends."  as Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh all tout. 

This America right or wrong attitude is often parroted by Catholics in the U.S. who have been educated with a particularly Protestant view of history in the United States. 

There have been other events in SSPX chapels including Farmingville where SSPX priests came and gave talks in which history was presented from the perspective of South America's relationship with the U.S. and I don't know the contents of the talks but I was told that people that didn't want to hear that America didn't actually have a "Manifest Destiny" from God Himself were complaining and walking out.  It wasn't a debate of point vs. point, it was a "leaving because we don't want to hear this or believe it" situation.

If you want another example from someone who is at least sympathetic to trads, Jim Caviezel did a special for the Protestant "TBN" network last night and was talking about the "Divine Inspiration" given to the Founding Fathers of the U.S.

Charles Coulombe pointed out that it was the Catholics in America that started putting the American flag in the Sanctuary in order to show their loyalty to the Country to the Protestants.  The Protestants later picked it up. 

As he pointed out in "Puritans' Progress"  (here is a comprehensive review of the book http://corjesusacratissimum.org/2010/01/...-coulombe/  )

Coulombe also points out that the attitudes are very different in Canada compared to America.

It is not just trads in the U.S. who are "nation worshippers" it is the general  populace of the U.S.  generation after generation unquestioningly from the earliest years made to stand up recite the "Pledge of Allegiance" in school, at sporting events at almost all ceremonies.  Without ever questioning or discussing the rightness or wrongness of just what it is that "the republic stands for..."  and exactly what "liberty and justice for all" actually means.  Mao probably learned his techniques from the U.S.

Another example of Catholic (though not trad) are the neo-cons like Keating, Madrid, Weigel, who espouse "loyalty to the Pope over everything, " but when the SSPX and the Pope were on the same side concerning the Iraq War the neo-Cons and neo-Caths were perfectly willing to drop the Holy Father's views on "Just War" and continue to support the Bush Administration, contending the Holy Father wasn't really qualified to judge whether a war was a just war or not.  But they touted him from the rafters when he agreed that the U.S. had the right to retaliate against the alleged  9/11 attacks.

Tran-wannabees like Fr. Trigilio (of EWTN fame ) insisting on blogs that Catholics had a moral obligation to vote for George Bush in 2004, because he was a lesser evil than John Kerry.  In other words, voting for a third party or not voting at all because you believe the elections are dog and pony shows was not an option for a Catholic.

All you have to do to see the effect of Americanism and Masonic principles on trads in the U.S. is to ask them if they would like to see the Statue of Liberty converted into a Statue of the Blessed Mother.  Fr. Hewko once gave a sermon saying that and you could see people sitting there absolutely stunned.  The idea of a Catholic Nation and a Catholic Culture in the U.S. was unthinkable to them. 

Almost every church I've been in in canada has the canasdian flag in it. Just saying.
I'm not amarican so tanke it for what its worth but nationalism itself is not anti catholic it depends on the form the nationalism takes. As for the alleged attacks lol clearly someone did it. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't dismiss the mohamadans on the basis that they couldn't or wpouldnt. Considering pakistan turned out to be one of the nations that benifeted most from the attacks, in both military aid and loot and considering the isi has admitted to having contacts and funding some of the hijackers it just seems silly to dismiss it. Anyhoo
As for the Good Bishop. He speaks the truth. Has the backbone that the pope needs. Is a holy man and we all have been blessed to have him
That name finally seemed familiar to me, and then I remembered where I saw it before: AQ

http://www.angelqueen.org/forum/viewtopi...b4929795f2

Apparently he's been at this for a while.
(04-03-2010, 02:25 PM)Bonifacius Wrote: According to Pryor, Bishop Williamson started out the first day of seminary with a diatribe about Jewish world dominion.  On the basis of what I have read about Williamson *from sympathetic sources,* I have no difficulty believing this.  I also would say that this probably testifies to an imbalance in Williamson's priorities:  Catholic-Jewish relations trumping more pressing matters for first-day seminarians, like preparing for the priesthood.  All things in good time?  I do not sympathize much with Pryor.  But Bishop Williamson gets what he asks for.  He made Holocaust revisionism, etc., his schtick when there was no need for it.  Now he and a lot of others pay for it. 

What exactly makes what Bishop Williamson said a "diatribe."? 

The imbalance actually may be yours since you seem to fail to see the big picture.  It was one of the early Church Fathers or perhaps Tertullian that stated that the world would be Jewish or Catholic.  The fact that post-Christian Jewish Culture and its influence on society and Catholic Culture are the two warring factions is actually very relevant to the mission of the priesthood.  Unless you think that ideas that are intrinsically non-Catholic are good for a society of any kind. 

Finally, you may not sympathize with Pryor but you are his and his allies target.  Bishop W. is effectively neutralized thanks to Bishop Fellay as far as they are concerned.  But they are after trads and making a caricature of Bishop W. and using it to tar any and ally SSPX-type trads in order to avoid authentic Catholic living is what you should be concerned about. Not whether or not Bishop W's opinions are right or wrong. 

From Pryor's attack piece, part of his final solution against trads and anyone else he doesn't like (my emphasis) :

Detraction and libel are illegal in the United States. It is not permitted to name a person and spread lies about him or her, especially lies as grave as the lies spread about the Jews. One possible strategy that could be used against organizations spreading antisemitism would be to sue them for libel. A bank, for instance, theoretically could sue any number of conspiracy theorists
for suggesting that they are run by an international group of Jews intent on destroying America.
The Bilderbergers, Rothschilds, and Rockefellers would have an equally worthy claim.

Economic pressure must be brought to bear against conspiracy theorists who spread notions that dispose people to antisemitic thinking. For instance, when the neo-fascists target a new organization or a new recruit, they seldom come right out with their view that the Jews rule the world and are the cause of all evil. They usually start by maligning bankers, Masons,
and the Trilateral Commission. The growing following of Alex Jones is another indicator that people are more and more susceptible to the same mindset that is contained in the anti-Jewish conspiracy theories. A great deal could be done to thwart the progression of extremism if the promoters of this lesser form of conspiracy theory were put out of business.

It sort of reminds me of when Liberace sued a newspaper for saying he was gay and he won a pile of money from them.
(04-03-2010, 02:11 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Generalizations are good. But they mean squat.
Show which trad is worshipping their nation. Then I will cede your point. Until u show it. Just empty rhetoric

Yep...So far I'm seeing squat and BS

And I don't means Pryors

Some people need to relax and stop thinking that being any particular stripe of conservative makes you at odds with the Faith if it is not exactly the Ron Paul kind.

If +Willy had EVER pulled some 9/11 shit in the pulpit...he would have heard me loud and clear....and so would have everyone else...yep.

+Fellay is not "selling out" and +Willy was not tossed under the bus.  Laying low is the smart play here and that's what they're doing

And by the way, if there is a sell out! +Williamson does not have to do anything....it has already been done, it is called the SSPV, I have already walked you people through this scenario...relax.
(04-03-2010, 04:32 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Almost every church I've been in in canada has the canasdian flag in it. Just saying.
I'm not amarican so tanke it for what its worth but nationalism itself is not anti catholic it depends on the form the nationalism takes. As for the alleged attacks lol clearly someone did it. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't dismiss the mohamadans on the basis that they couldn't or wpouldnt. Considering pakistan turned out to be one of the nations that benifeted most from the attacks, in both military aid and loot and considering the isi has admitted to having contacts and funding some of the hijackers it just seems silly to dismiss it. Anyhoo
As for the Good Bishop. He speaks the truth. Has the backbone that the pope needs. Is a holy man and we all have been blessed to have him

DK, in Canada is there a constant drumbeat that Canada was Divinely Inspired to be the greatest of all nations and were the founders of Canada inspired by God to write the documents that formed the nation?  Is Catholic Europe pre-1776 constantly disparaged as the backward society that America freed itself from chains in order to enjoy God-given Freedom and Liberty (which is just as valid if it's freedom to offend God and Liberty towared Libertinism) ?  Evil King George III and his foul policies (ie. letting Catholics worship as Catholics in Quebec,  ensuring rights for Native peoples in the continent.)  The propaganda down here is staggering when you actually start to read further than what school or Barnes and Noble stock on the shelves.

I don't dismiss the possibility that 9/11 was exactly as the mainstream media relayed it (eventually) and I'm also open to the possibilities that it could have been Islamic terrorists who were simply allowed to complete their mission.   But Pryor is saying that Bishop Williamson's letter about 9/11 back in 2001 says "the Jews" were behind the attacks.   Williamson didn't have any suspicions about that in his letter or ever from what I know.   His letter said for us to blame neither Muslim or Jew but rather to look to our own sins which offend God."  

(04-03-2010, 04:45 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: Yep...So far I'm seeing squat and BS

And I don't means Pryors

The reason for that is either blindness or stupidity.  Try harder to follow along.

Quote: Some people need to relax and stop thinking that being any particular stripe of conservative makes you at odds with the Faith if it is not exactly the Ron Paul kind.

Well nobody's talking about "any particular stripe of conservative."  We're talking about ONE particular type of conservative.  Can't you figure that out? 

Quote: If +Willy had EVER pulled some 9/11 shit in the pulpit...he would have heard me loud and clear....and so would have everyone else...yep.

What is THAT supposed to demonstrate? Notice the macho, knee-jerk reaction. That's brainwashing for you. Not time to think, just reject it on a gut level.  It's been ingrained that it's unthinkable that 9/11 was anything other than "savage towelheads attacking us for our freedom."  They not only hijacked planes, they hijacked Islam--a religion of "Peace." That's the dogma now. 

Quote: +Fellay is not "selling out" and +Willy was not tossed under the bus.  Laying low is the smart play here and that's what they're doing.

Oh yeah, give your enemy what it wants.  Always the smart move. Right.

Quote: And by the way, if there is a sell out! +Williamson does not have to do anything....it has already been done, it is called the SSPV, I have already walked you people through this scenario...relax.

Some of us don't buy the sedevacantist argument, so that's not the preferred option. 
1./ As a matter of fact the most important industries: Communication,  Legal, Health, since the end of the 19th Century, Education since the sixties, Politics since the seventies is taken over by the Galicians.

2./ The real Semitic people are the Iraquis, and  Sirians, and Abrahams descendants the Arabs.

3./ The media makes it clear that everything is antisemitic whatever the leaders of the Israeli citizens do not like. 

I believe we should cry, that in a allegedly traditional Catholic group in Holy Saturday this is the topic.

The Church will survive, at least one descendant of Juda will be alive at the end of the world, there is no such promise to the Galicians who own this world now.

Let us rejoice the Day, what the Lord had made.