Bob Dylan's Jewish Influence
(04-04-2010, 10:51 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: FWIW, Dylan claims bluesman Robert Johnson as an influence.  But I don't think it's very a worthwhile exercise to parse Dylan's religious views.  He seems to be confused, agnostic, pan-religious un-religious and areligious all at the same time. 

That might be a little harsh.  I think he was just an idiot like most musicians.
Stevie Nicks has an opinion: "I mean I love the guy . . . but he's insane."
(04-04-2010, 11:00 PM)Walty Wrote:
(04-04-2010, 10:51 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: FWIW, Dylan claims bluesman Robert Johnson as an influence.  But I don't think it's very a worthwhile exercise to parse Dylan's religious views.  He seems to be confused, agnostic, pan-religious un-religious and areligious all at the same time. 

That might be a little harsh.  I think he was just an idiot like most musicians.

That is probably fair.  He's a man who smoked or swallowed just about everything he couldn't shoot.

That said, I've always been a Dylan fan.  I saw him live in 1996.  It was, unfortunately, about 20 years too late.
(04-04-2010, 11:02 PM)stvincentferrer Wrote: Stevie Nicks has an opinion: "I mean I love the guy . . . but he's insane."

And coming from Stevie Nicks, that means something.

It's like devotedknuckles telling you to lay off the sauce.
;D True.
(04-04-2010, 04:57 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Never got why this bablin bafoon who couldn't keep a note was big or considered somethin.
He's so silly. Never got it. I just couldn't get into his stuff. Not like I tried and maybe its because I'm not of that generation or nation but still its god awfull stuff.
You got that right. How could anyone stand to listen to Zimmerman's whiny, nasaly voice for more than 30 seconds and call that crap music has always been a mystery to me.

Probably the most overrated American musician  in popular culture ever.

He's terrible.
You like Santana, Alaric.

Therefore you have no authority to diss Dylan.
(04-05-2010, 09:03 PM)stvincentferrer Wrote: You like Santana, Alaric.

Therefore you have no authority to diss Dylan.
You've got to be kidding me.........

Carlos has more musical talent in his left pinky than that sheister ever produced in the last 40 yrs.

Santana is a legend, Zimmerman is a fraud.

Not even close vince.
I've never tried to get in to Santana. I only know his version of Black Magic Woman, but I much prefer Peter Green's original.

But Santana thinks Dylan is a genius, and has toured with him many times, so you must bow down to Dylan now. ;D
The genuis of santana can not be denied. He IS a musical genuis
Dylan is a joke he really is. A joke. An over rated joke. I'm stunned I still hear people fall over themselves for dylan its just garbage
Yuk