Abandoning the Temple
(04-07-2010, 11:32 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: maybe but who will nuke them? mohams have allot to lose too just sayin

Martyrdom is the bedrock of islam.  They don't care if millions of muslims (and less so for other people) die in the process - they'll let loose with their own nukes in a heartbeat.  And if you believe that muslim countries don't have the bomb, then I've got a bridge in California I'd like to sell to you...
"And if you believe that muslim countries don't  have the bomb, then I've got a bridge in California I'd like to sell to you..."
Pakistan has got nukes. But I am not sure they would use them against Israel and destroy their relationship with the US.
(04-07-2010, 02:44 PM)Montgisard Wrote: "And if you believe that muslim countries don't  have the bomb, then I've got a bridge in California I'd like to sell to you..."
Pakistan has got nukes. But I am not sure they would use them against Israel and destroy their relationship with the US.

:laughing:

(sorry, I couldn't help myself)
Yes i'm well aware of paks nukes. Though i thought this was about isreal. Also having a nuke and test detonating one and having a delivery system is something quit different. Are you aware of the yield the paks nukes produce? Also all the data available seem to suggest the paks are more considered with India as a target then Israel. though id like to see another take on that from you.  Montigsard what do you make of the ISI subterranean training facilities in sind? More to the point in karachi? Its relation to the recent capture of some teliban chiefs in that city mainly the telabans number 2? Do you think this is a paradigm shift in how the ISI is engaging the telaban and the west? Or do you think its more along the lines of the doctrine  first employed prior to the American invasion of a-stan? You can keep the bridge. but your wife might be a bargain if you have one.
do tell
If the Pakistanis wasted a nuke on Israel, the Indians would nuke Pakistan.  So the Pakistanis have much more pressing concerns to their east than they have in the Holy Land. 

The Jews probably accept the destruction of Herod's Temple by the Romans the way they accepted the destruction of Solomon's by the Babylonians.  Even in the Old Testament, the Jews went 50 years or more without a Temple or a sacrifice.  I recall reading that they still had certain sacred implements and of course the priesthood.  But even today there are plenty of Jews who claim priestly descent.  Every Jew with the surname Cohen claims priestly descent; "cohen" means priest.  Plus, the Jews of priestly descent are qualified to give certain blessings in synagogues on holy days.  They do so with their fingers held in the "Live long and prosper" formation we know from "Star Trek"; the Trekkies got that from Leonard Nimoy (aka Spock), who is Jewish and borrowed the finger positioning of the Vulcan Hand Salute from the ritual of the synagogue.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priestly_blessing

This time, however, the Jews have lost some of the implements they need, like the ashes of a sacrificed red heifer:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Heifer
(04-07-2010, 04:34 PM)Bonifacius Wrote: If the Pakistanis wasted a nuke on Israel, the Indians would nuke Pakistan.  So the Pakistanis have much more pressing concerns to their east than they have in the Holy Land. 

The Jews probably accept the destruction of Herod's Temple by the Romans the way they accepted the destruction of Solomon's by the Babylonians.  Even in the Old Testament, the Jews went 50 years or more without a Temple or a sacrifice.  I recall reading that they still had certain sacred implements and of course the priesthood.  But even today there are plenty of Jews who claim priestly descent.  Every Jew with the surname Cohen claims priestly descent; "cohen" means priest.  Plus, the Jews of priestly descent are qualified to give certain blessings in synagogues on holy days.  They do so with their fingers held in the "Live long and prosper" formation we know from "Star Trek"; the Trekkies got that from Leonard Nimoy (aka Spock), who is Jewish and borrowed the finger positioning of the Vulcan Hand Salute from the ritual of the synagogue.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priestly_blessing

This time, however, the Jews have lost some of the implements they need, like the ashes of a sacrificed red heifer:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Heifer

I hear you, Bonifacius.  But 50 years without the Temple is not the same as 2000 years without the Temple.  Let's say they did pull this off and rebuilt the Temple.  Most Jews/Talmudists are so secularized now they would probably laugh this off as a bunch of radical crazies trying to reinvent the past.  I really don't believe most secular Jews care about the Temple any longer.  Judaism today is cultural and family orientated with a small smattering of religion thrown in.  Sure a small minority of fundamentalist and Orthodox Jews believe in rebuilding the Temple,  but they are a tiny minority in world wide Judaism.  But if the crazy Talmudists do attempt to desecrate / destroy the Grand Mosque in order to rebuild their Temple, your chances of seeing a mushroom cloud over Jerusalem is quite high.
Mushroom cloud from who?
I've asked it before. Its a question that deserves an answer and pak isn't the answer. So u get a mushroom over jeurusalem isn't the only place holy to mohams its actually 3rd on the list. Sure juruselem gets nuked then goes mecca and the rest. Mecca is allot closer to isreals nukes then isreal is to pakistan.
Your being to simplistic. Simplistic is good but its very rarely based in reality
Just sating
Guess montigasard doesn't want to chat about pakistan. Pity few can chat with me about it
(04-07-2010, 05:00 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Mushroom cloud from who?
I've asked it before. Its a question that deserves an answer and pak isn't the answer. So u get a mushroom over jeurusalem isn't the only place holy to mohams its actually 3rd on the list. Sure juruselem gets nuked then goes mecca and the rest. Mecca is allot closer to isreals nukes then isreal is to pakistan.
Your being to simplistic. Simplistic is good but its very rarely based in reality
Just sating

Mushroom cloud from who?

Iran, for starters and yes, as you said, Pakistan (if the govt falls in Pakistan, the crazies have definite access to their nukes).  Iran either already has the bomb or is damn close to making one.   Al-qaeda is actively pursuing the bomb and will either get one or substitute it with a chemical or biological bomb.  The radical crazies in Saudi Arabia who are linked to the money of the royals and the ammunitions of Al-qaeda - they're definitely on the list.  I believe more than one islamic country has the bomb right now or is very close to obtaining / making one. 

Jerusalem may be only third on the list for islam's holy sites, but their hatred for the Jews is first on their agenda.  If the radical Jews / Talmudists touch one stone of the Grand Mosque in Jerusalem to rebuild their temple, you-know-what will hit the fan -  and it won't be pretty.
(04-07-2010, 09:22 AM)timoose Wrote: God allowed the Romans as the instrument, to utterly destroy the Temple, to underline that Christ is the way. Then the Romans in their turn were punished for that destruction.

I love how God works.