Abandoning the Temple
Indeed and thus you have just proved isreals point in having a first strike doctrine when it comes to preventing mohams from gaining nukes. Pak aside those nukes are handled.
You stated isreals position better then most here.
Matzel tov
Pakistan has a primary opponent. That is India, which also has nuclear weapons.

Pakistan would not let down their guard for the sake of causing an international war with people who are even more distant.
agreed
"I am come to cast fire on the earth; and what will I, but that it be kindled?"
Luke 12:49
If you ever open up the front of a Masonic bible (I usually find them and burn them; true story), you'll find depictions of a giant New Temple which they claim is symbolic but they seem clear that they want to rebuild Solomon's Temple. And I hope I'm not the only one that finds that a little disturbing.

The Jews have their own way of interpreting the covenant in light of no temple, which to me is a bit hypocritical most of the time. Most non-Pharisaical Jews, I am convinced, after the temple was destroyed became Christians, who had a temple still and could still honor the covenant by offering up a Most Worthy, Most Holy, Most Immaculate Victim. Christians still preserved the priesthood as well as the more "traditional" interpretations and codifications of the scriptures (the Septuagint). If anything, the Sadducees had nowhere to go because the temple was destroyed, and the Zealots were being killed off, especially at Masada, and the Essenes either died out or joined the Christian hermits. Only the Pharisees and the Christians survived. Both were considered Jewish Sects. One of them was constantly referred to by Christ as "Hypocrites." We should not be surprised if we see a little hypocrisy now and then from their teachings.
(04-15-2010, 09:16 AM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: The Jews have their own way of interpreting the covenant in light of no temple, which to me is a bit hypocritical most of the time. Most non-Pharisaical Jews, I am convinced, after the temple was destroyed became Christians, who had a temple still and could still honor the covenant by offering up a Most Worthy, Most Holy, Most Immaculate Victim. Christians still preserved the priesthood as well as the more "traditional" interpretations and codifications of the scriptures (the Septuagint).
Hebrew texts have been found which are most consistent with the Septuagint than with the Masoretic which are much younger than any Masoretic text I think.

Quote:If anything, the Sadducees had nowhere to go because the temple was destroyed, and the Zealots were being killed off, especially at Masada,
I wouldn't say they were "killed off". The Zealots killed themselves, at Masada, and they (the Zealots and Sicarii) killed many other Jews in the process.
This is humorous but true. During the reign of "W" a Southern Gentleman Cattle Rancher had finally come up with a specific "red heifer" which is necessary to sacrifice before the Temple can be rebuilt. He sent several of slightly different shades to Israel for approval on a rented 747. It wasn't the correct shade of red the Rabbis said, so he's back at work breeding a perfect one.  :pazzo:
tim
Check this out -- they're getting the robes and vessels ready ...

http://www.templeinstitute.org/main.htm