Nasty editorial re: Archbishop Gomez, L.A. Times
(04-08-2010, 01:05 PM)Magdalene Wrote: At least this attack is overt. Archbishop Gomez can expect many attacks, from without and especially from within the Church, but most will be covert.

I read that his first response was to ask what he had done to displease the Holy Father.  Yes, that is an appropriate first response. But his video of his introduction showed a humble man of prayer and this is what is needed--something new and different for LA! And he is pro-life!  Finally in LA.
Ummmm, you might want to check the dateline on that news "quote" that was his first response.
What an a**.  Really that is all I can say. He reminds me of a teenage boy who thinks he knows everything and is sooooo funny but is really just an ignorant little clown.  There is such a thing as intelligent discourse, this 'columnist' obviously doesn't know how to go about it.
(04-08-2010, 01:19 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: read he does not like Eucharistic ministers or women in the sanctuary. Bravo. But that alone will be a big battle for him.

He may not personally like it but he allows it in the churches in his diocese and  even at his own Masses at the cathedral. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of action from him on these types of reform any time soon, if at all.
Gomez will fight right in with all the Jews in L.A.
All the fake 'conservatives' who think he's anything better are in for a surprize.

see:

http://traditioninaction.org/RevolutionP...norah.html
sorry, FIT right in.
the only thing he'll be fighting for is more false ecumenism  ::)
Using Tradition in Action to prove or disprove a bishop's credibility, is like using a tabloid to prove or disprove a presidential candidate's credibility.
I am not using tradition in action.
They actually linked a secular news article with the same info and same pic.

But perhaps it's all make believe? Guess they're photo shop experts. LOL
Why don't you go to San Antonio or inquire yourself if you do not believe simple news articles.

(04-12-2010, 03:39 PM)Bonifatius Wrote: sorry, FIT right in.
the only thing he'll be fighting for is more false ecumenism  ::)

My uncle lives in his dioscese and said he is good, conservative. He is sorry to see him go.