How far must we go in "caring for our body"?
Wow, I feel for you man...your wife certainly did not fulfill her duty but that is just one part of
a series of problems. Drink a beer and savor the flavor that usually makes me feel a little better
it will help with the pain a bit too, or drink some vodka that has less calories. I don't know what to suggest
as regards the medical situation though ask a trad priest.
(04-15-2010, 09:36 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(04-15-2010, 09:27 PM)No3456 Wrote: Then where do you place commercially-developed [at great cost] supposedly anti-sickness VACCINES?

Blood-tranfusions?

Organ replacement surgery?

Magnetic-resonance scanning?

Ordinary or extra-ordinary?

Extraordinary.  I don't think that one is obliged to do any of those things.

I agree with Jayne and would add that anyone considering organ transplantation should consider the morality of their case very carefully - particularly in the case of things like heart transplants which are often required to be taken from a living donor.  The modern definition of death (brain death) is not necessarily correct and it is possible that certain organ harvesting can be through the taking of the organs of a person who is not truly dead.
Our priest is a cancer patient.  He once mentioned his thankfulness to God for his affliction, as he accepted it as a test of his faith and as an opportunity to provide an example of prayerful perseverance.  Although I don't know him well personally, this attitude seems to have given him peace.
(05-04-2010, 07:44 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote: Our priest is a cancer patient.  He once mentioned his thankfulness to God for his affliction, as he accepted it as a test of his faith and as an opportunity to provide an example of prayerful perseverance.  Although I don't know him well personally, this attitude seems to have given him peace.

I'd trade places with that priest in a heartbeat. Or less.

I guess I'm just tired of it all...

Life is a game.
Rules of the game:
1. You can't win
2. There are no ties
3. Quitting is not allowed