The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic church
MICHELLE MALKIN: The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic church

"So much that you need to know about the Catholic Church’s social policy problems can be summed up in one word: Chicago. On race, abortion, guns, immigration and “community organizing,” Catholic Church officials in the Windy City have forged unholy alliances with radical left-wingers and enablers who undermine the faith — and the faithful.

Exhibit A: the Archdiocese of Chicago’s Office for Racial Justice and one of its most notorious priests, the Rev. Michael Pfleger. This week, Chicago Cardinal Francis George — who also happens to be president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops — presided over a gala ceremony honoring Pfleger with a “lifetime achievement award” for his “service in pursuit of dismantling racism, injustice and inequalities on behalf of African Americans and all people of color.”

How, pray tell, has Pfleger achieved the officially sanctioned Catholic vision of “racial justice”? By aligning himself with the nation’s worst racial demagogues and using his pulpit at the St. Sabina Catholic Church on Chicago’s Southside to promote poisonous identity politics.

Pfleger (who is white) grabbed the spotlight during the 2008 presidential campaign with jive-talking defenses of his fellow race-hustler and President Obama’s spiritual mentor the Rev. Jeremiah (“God damn America!” and “AmeriKKKA!”) Wright and Jew-bashing hate-monger Louis (Judaism is a “gutter religion”) Farrakhan. The racial justice award-winner called the latter a “great man” and welcomed him to his church.......

http://www.registercitizen.com/articles/...177148.txt
(04-10-2010, 01:52 AM)Fartmeister Wrote: MICHELLE MALKIN: The Pfleger-ization of the Catholic church

"So much that you need to know about the Catholic Church’s social policy problems can be summed up in one word: Chicago. On race, abortion, guns, immigration and “community organizing,” Catholic Church officials in the Windy City have forged unholy alliances with radical left-wingers and enablers who undermine the faith — and the faithful.

Exhibit A: the Archdiocese of Chicago’s Office for Racial Justice and one of its most notorious priests, the Rev. Michael Pfleger. This week, Chicago Cardinal Francis George — who also happens to be president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops — presided over a gala ceremony honoring Pfleger with a “lifetime achievement award” for his “service in pursuit of dismantling racism, injustice and inequalities on behalf of African Americans and all people of color.”

How, pray tell, has Pfleger achieved the officially sanctioned Catholic vision of “racial justice”? By aligning himself with the nation’s worst racial demagogues and using his pulpit at the St. Sabina Catholic Church on Chicago’s Southside to promote poisonous identity politics.

Pfleger (who is white) grabbed the spotlight during the 2008 presidential campaign with jive-talking defenses of his fellow race-hustler and President Obama’s spiritual mentor the Rev. Jeremiah (“God damn America!” and “AmeriKKKA!”) Wright and Jew-bashing hate-monger Louis (Judaism is a “gutter religion”) Farrakhan. The racial justice award-winner called the latter a “great man” and welcomed him to his church.......

http://www.registercitizen.com/articles/...177148.txt

Father Fagger is a terrible example of a Priest and George of a Cardinal. The NO religion gets dumber by the hour.
Ms Malken is hot little number and as such is part of the problem. If she was a reporter she could have gone to the sources of these problem and it would prove that Chicago is an epi-center. Father Pfleger is just the latest in a line starting with Msgr. Egan, Cardinal Meyers, Archbishop Sheil, and Saul Alinsky here in Chicago in the post war period, prior to Vatican II.
tim
(04-10-2010, 05:05 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Father Fagger is a terrible example of a Priest and George of a Cardinal. The NO religion gets dumber by the hour.

I just love how some of these NeoCons continue to label Cardinal George as a very pious "Conservative" Cardinal who is trying to revert the church back to tradition...I wish someone could show me the evidence because it certainly doesn't exist at the Holy Name Cathedral....Unfortunately I use to wear those rose-colored glasses that many today are constantly being blinded by... Accordingly, they all seemed to be fooled by different forms of modernism in the name of "False Compassion."  When will they begin to learn that The Angel of Light" is quite the deceiver?????
:realmad: :censored: :mad:
I commented several times in the comments section on her website yesterday:
http://michellemalkin.com/2010/04/09/the...ic-church/

I'm "Schweggie" there. I referenced a Fisheaters page as a source regarding Peter as the first Pope. If anyone wants to follow up and help out my feeble apologetics efforts there, please do!
I.m so disgusted with His Emminence, Cardinal George, that I could puke. Better not say anything more.