Richard Dawkins: I will arrest Pope Benedict XVI
(04-10-2010, 08:06 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 07:37 PM)trident59 Wrote: Just keep on keepin' on good Catholics.

I never trust anyone who calls himself a "good Catholic".  Such a thing is impossible.  :sneaky:

That said, I think that Dawkins should totally arrest the Holy Father.  One of two things would happen: Dawkins would be arrested, tried and jailed.  Or His Holiness would get a chance to tell England a few things about the Church.  Either way is a win-win.

Second,I would love to see a whole flock of Anglicans convert,expecially if it includes the Archbishop of Canterbury,that ol' Rowan Williams.Haha I LOVE How that old Heretic looks lol

[Image: 396px-Rowan_Williams_2007.jpg]
I am surprised by the comments on this thread. It seems fisheaters think this is a big joke and would likely never happen.
True, it is highly unlikely that the Holy Father might be arrested during his UK visit, but we should remember that the secular authorities have imprisoned the pope before and not too long ago, remember Pius IX?
As the new world order consolidates its power, of course the Church will be persecuted, but frankly I am surprised at the speed by which it is coming to fruition. Who would have thought one month ago that such an idea would have even been tabled?
My friends --- so it begins.
(04-11-2010, 12:22 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: I am surprised by the comments on this thread. It seems fisheaters think this is a big joke and would likely never happen.
True, it is highly unlikely that the Holy Father might be arrested during his UK visit, but we should remember that the secular authorities have imprisoned the pope before and not too long ago, remember Pius IX?
As the new world order consolidates its power, of course the Church will be persecuted, but frankly I am surprised at the speed by which it is coming to fruition. Who would have thought one month ago that such an idea would have even been tabled?

I do think we should be worried about secular authorities.  The reason people are laughing about this is because the image of dawkins trying to arrest someone is just plain funny.

[Image: hermione-dawkins.jpg]
I think I will volunteer to be the Pope's body guard...this should do the trick...

[Image: m60-general-purpose-machine-gun_3.jpg]
(04-11-2010, 12:37 AM)Walty Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 12:22 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: I am surprised by the comments on this thread. It seems fisheaters think this is a big joke and would likely never happen.

I do think we should be worried about secular authorities.  The reason people are laughing about this is because the image of dawkins trying to arrest someone is just plain funny.

[Image: hermione-dawkins.jpg]

LOL.

Even my atheist friends think that Dawkins is an idiot. I'd really love to see them attempt to arrest the Holy Father, even the most lukewarm Christian couldn't help but get angry. The backlash would be awesome.
Oh man, that photo comparison is priceless.  However, there could be something to this silly threat from these two lousy blowhards. Maybe they're thinking that if they kick up a big enough rucus they can make the Pope's planned visit "inconvenient" for various reasons, and the Pope would cancel the trip in order to avoid said rucus, and act prudently around such blowhardery.

P.S. I've always thought Dawkins and Hitchens were silly clowns, both pre and post conversion, if for no other reason than that they present particularly bad and particularly old and thoroughly refuted arguments against the existence of God, and then claim them as their own and present themselves as some kind of heretofore undreamed of revolutionary posse.  Real dopes, those two.  Tools of the first order.  Unfortunately, their friend Dennet has similar inclinations but he is more interesting (not in his arguments against God, but in his thinking generally).
All these dopes calling for the "arrest" of the Holy Father are nothing but a bunch of windbags spewing out hot air. Not poisonous gas, just annoying hot air.
We see him as, well, mentally challenged But they grabbed up Pinochet, don't you know. In the goofs eyes a head of state has more dignity than a Pope. Dawkins is blinded by his religion of evilution. (I mis-spelled that on purpose.) Someone as enthusiastic as he is capable of lots of mischief. He is just blind enough to try and stupid enough with the help of Lucifer to pull it off. 
tim
(04-11-2010, 12:48 AM)Petertherock Wrote: I think I will volunteer to be the Pope's body guard...this should do the trick...

[Image: m60-general-purpose-machine-gun_3.jpg]

Can that gun be fired as shown?
(04-10-2010, 07:02 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: (Standing in ChainMail weilding a sword with the Pope's Crest on a banner,waving in the Wind)

Chain or mail. Don't say "chainmail". It makes you sound like you don't know what you are saying.