Was Israel Ever Legitimate?
(04-10-2010, 09:00 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 07:44 PM)trident59 Wrote: Trolling bigots. They are everywhere. And sometimes in pairs. So be careful not to utter a sound.

As long as I'm paying attention to this thread--what, exactly, is a troll?

One who enters an Internet forum with a chip on his shoulder with the aim of generating a verbal altercation. 

It doesn't apply to St. Vince Ferrer.  His posts are entirely reasonable.
(04-10-2010, 09:12 PM)anamchara Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 09:00 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 07:44 PM)trident59 Wrote: Trolling bigots. They are everywhere. And sometimes in pairs. So be careful not to utter a sound.

As long as I'm paying attention to this thread--what, exactly, is a troll?

One who enters an Internet forum with a chip on his shoulder with the aim of generating a verbal altercation. 

It doesn't apply to St. Vince Ferrer.  His posts are entirely reasonable.

Okay, thanks!

My only squabble here is that the guys sounds as if the entire concept of a Jew is a lie.  I'll grant that Israel's creation in this modern era is due to United Nations action, and that Israel has spied on the U.S. and behaved rather manipulatively and treacherously for their own interests.  But surely the author of that article--and St. Vince Ferrer--is not implying that Jews are a complete and utter fabrication?!?!?  Even the Jewish identity of 2000 years ago?!?!?
its more like this lads
the muslems are our friends. islam is a religion of peace. isreal is the existential enemy of America. before isreal the middle east was a utopia friends kissed friends they eat figs and dates and lived happy. once isreal was forced onto the poor helpless and innocent Palestinians the worlds gone to shit. the jews!!! they rule everything or want to. you me my cat the moon if they could!!!!! if only U.S. stopped military aid to isreal peace would reign the moslems are our friends. they would never bomb us its the men in black the cia the abc the ffb. the muslems are our friend
yep thats it.
that sounds about right
lol
Do you sincerely believe that's what I think, DK?
(04-10-2010, 09:35 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: My only squabble here is that the guys sounds as if the entire concept of a Jew is a lie.  I'll grant that Israel's creation in this modern era is due to United Nations action, and that Israel has spied on the U.S. and behaved rather manipulatively and treacherously for their own interests.  But surely the author of that article--and St. Vince Ferrer--is not implying that Jews are a complete and utter fabrication?!?!?  Even the Jewish identity of 2000 years ago?!?!?

The writer is an atheist I think. Some of the anti-Zionist stuff I post comes from leftist sources, so I part ways with non-Catholic anti-Zionists on tons of subjects. Many of the best critics of Israel are not necessarily allies of the Church, but I'll post their stuff anyway if their main points are sound.
(04-11-2010, 12:27 AM)stvincentferrer Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 09:35 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: My only squabble here is that the guys sounds as if the entire concept of a Jew is a lie.  I'll grant that Israel's creation in this modern era is due to United Nations action, and that Israel has spied on the U.S. and behaved rather manipulatively and treacherously for their own interests.  But surely the author of that article--and St. Vince Ferrer--is not implying that Jews are a complete and utter fabrication?!?!?  Even the Jewish identity of 2000 years ago?!?!?

The writer is an atheist I think. Some of the anti-Zionist stuff I post comes from leftist sources, so I part ways with non-Catholic anti-Zionists on tons of subjects. Many of the best critics of Israel are not necessarily allies of the Church, but I'll post their stuff anyway if their main points are sound.

Okay.  I mean, at some point, we can all agree that God did want the Jews to be a nation called Israel.  Only, that was thousands of years ago.  Not likely the United Nations creation we see today.  Am I correct fellas?
Just out of curiosity, stvince, how did you get started with this preoccupation with Judaism, Zionism, etc.? Maybe that's too personal a question to ask, but I'm really curious, and if I have some parallel axe to grind that you can identify, I'll be happy to share its background by way of reciprocation. Let me emphasize that I'm not questioning the validity of the preoccupation. I just want to know how you got so passionate about it (I think "passionate" is the right word, but feel free to substitute a more congenial epithet if it doesn't suit you), and why it continues to interest you to the extent that it does.
(04-10-2010, 10:03 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: its more like this lads
the muslems are our friends. islam is a religion of peace. isreal is the existential enemy of America. before isreal the middle east was a utopia friends kissed friends they eat figs and dates and lived happy. once isreal was forced onto the poor helpless and innocent Palestinians the worlds gone to shit. the jews!!! they rule everything or want to. you me my cat the moon if they could!!!!! if only U.S. stopped military aid to isreal peace would reign the moslems are our friends. they would never bomb us its the men in black the cia the abc the ffb. the muslems are our friend
yep thats it.
that sounds about right
lol
Laramiehirsch...this is what trolling looks like
(04-11-2010, 01:47 AM)WilfredLeblanc Wrote: Just out of curiosity, stvince, how did you get started with this preoccupation with Judaism, Zionism, etc.? Maybe that's too personal a question to ask, but I'm really curious, and if I have some parallel axe to grind that you can identify, I'll be happy to share its background by way of reciprocation. Let me emphasize that I'm not questioning the validity of the preoccupation. I just want to know how you got so passionate about it (I think "passionate" is the right word, but feel free to substitute a more congenial epithet if it doesn't suit you), and why it continues to interest you to the extent that it does.
I can answer this for myself as well because finally some one has asked a really compelling and interesting question. THANK you WIlfred! Salute

I can answer with a weak analogy. If you lived on one of a chain of Islands, say 3 Islands, and everyone you knew personally and loved and all your possesions were on THAT Island, and that Island had a volcano in the center, and that volcano was rumbling and smoking all the time, then I would be preoccupied with that direct threat more than any other...now the other islands have threats too, the one island has a large tribe of cannibalistic savages on it, so I would suspect that the good people on that Island would be preoccupied with THAT immediate threat, the third Island has a break out of pestilence therefore THAT would be the preoccupation etc.....

I may be wrong (but the evidence does not suggest so) but the Island I live on the USA is not under threat from with out (by Muslim hoardes-at least NOT immediately) but within by Zionist political ideologues who  have subverted and undermined our Constitution, may have manipulated our DOD with a false flag on 911 killing USA citizens, have continually undermined our Banking and economic policies, and use me as a taxpayer to pay for its unholy and demonic attacks in the middle east against the Palestinians.

Zionism is the Immediate existential threat of the USA(MY ISLAND)...not Muslims or little green men.
(04-11-2010, 11:35 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:
(04-10-2010, 10:03 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: its more like this lads
yep thats it.
that sounds about right
lol
Laramiehirsch...this is what trolling looks like

Thanks!  I'm catching on!  (Call me Laramie)