Arrest the Pope? I rather think we should
Hahahaha, most of the responses to this topic provided me with the big laugh of the day!! Thanks guys!!  :laughing: :laughing: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
(04-11-2010, 09:54 PM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: Where did Pinochet come into play here   ???

I think Dawkins and Friends are going to try to use the same law or statute against Pope Benedict that they used against Pinochet way back then (i don't even know who Pinochet is frankly).

Imagine though if the UK did have Pope Benedict arrested.... what do you guys think the world's reaction would be? Do you think most countries would condemn it? How about Obama, I wonder what he'd have to say on the subject. Would the Pope's guards physically prevent the British Police from arresting him? Or maybe he would just go quietly. Would England become the laughingstock of the world? Or the hero? What say you guys?
(04-11-2010, 09:58 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Hahahaha, most of the responses to this topic provided me with the big laugh of the day!! Thanks guys!!  :laughing: :laughing: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just doin' our job.  :deadhorse:
(04-11-2010, 10:14 PM)Spooky Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 09:54 PM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: Where did Pinochet come into play here   ???

I think Dawkins and Friends are going to try to use the same law or statute against Pope Benedict that they used against Pinochet way back then (i don't even know who Pinochet is frankly).

Imagine though if the UK did have Pope Benedict arrested.... what do you guys think the world's reaction would be? Do you think most countries would condemn it? How about Obama, I wonder what he'd have to say on the subject. Would the Pope's guards physically prevent the British Police from arresting him? Or maybe he would just go quietly. Would England become the laughingstock of the world? Or the hero? What say you guys?

Well the first thing I would do if I were President is send in special teams in there and then nuke the effeminate brits to oblivion.
If the brits did do it. It will be known as one of great strategic blunders in history
I doubt they will but the brits are not mnarly as clever as they once were so who knows
(04-11-2010, 10:51 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 10:14 PM)Spooky Wrote:

Well the first thing I would do if I were President is send in special teams in there and then nuke the effeminate brits to oblivion.

This would obviously not be the answer (and I acknowledge that you were probably joking).

I would say the world would be split right down the middle concerning if this happened.  The vast majority of those who claim Catholicism, whether liberals, neo-cons or Trads, will be outraged.  Some super-liberal "Catholics" would probably be indifferent.  The liberal left would be pleased, and many Protestant Fundamentalist would be as well, whether liberal, conservative or even ultra-conservative.  Evangelical Protestants would probably be split on the issue, depending on whether they are liberal or conservative, or hold a very deep resentment of the papacy.

Honestly, I can see something like this bringing the situation in the modern world to a head, meaning that this could be the beginning of what some call "The Great Chastisement." (although part of me believes we are living through the "Great Chastisement" right now, and for the past 45 years.  The loss of so many souls due to the advancement of a new religion that calls itself Catholicism, a new religion that operates in the very confines of the true Church, and has in a manner supressed the true religion, can be seen as a horrible spiritual chastisement - a chastisement caused by the Church being too lax concerning the modern world, allowing the "smoke of Satan" to enter the Church, and allowing man to worship himself instead of God).
Concerning Obama and the arrest of the Pope; he'd go with it as an opportunity to divide the Church. According to a report fully 25% of Democrats identify themselves as secularist atheists and I think one could draw a straight line to the Church. That 50% are Democrats and 25% of them are atheists. To express this more clearly 12.5% of the Church. With their help Obama could fan the flames and make this his issue.
tim
From The Times of London.
April 12, 2010
Pope faces growing hostility on visit to Malta
Josephine McKenna, Rome
Pope Benedict XVI

Pope Benedict XVI

Pope Benedict XVI’s planned two-day trip to Malta this week is set to be overshadowed by the paedophile scandal enveloping the Catholic Church, with victims of abuse on the island demanding that he meet them and apologise.

A papal visit to the staunchly Catholic nation would normally be one of the easier official journeys for a pontiff, but revelations surrounding the scale of the abuse committed by the clergy have stunned and angered the nation. According to the diocesan authorities in Malta, 45 of its 850 priests have been accused of abuse and the Maltese Catholic Church is conducting investigations into several sex abuse claims.

Demands for a public apology by the Pope are being led by Lawrence Grech, who said that he was regularly abused by priests and who is holding a media conference today with nine other alleged victims. “He should recognise that these things happened in Malta, reflect about the victims’ suffering and issue a formal apology,” he said.

“We want to meet the Pope and we want an apology,” added Mr Grech, now 37 and a father of two. He said that he was abused by two priests and a lay Christian Brother at St Joseph’s, a Catholic orphanage in Santa Venera, between 1984 and 1987. He has begun legal action against the clergymen involved. He also claimed that a fourth man has since transferred to Rome without penalty.

“The priest used to come to my room at 6.30am and go to preach at the church at 7am,” Mr Grech said. He wrote to the Vatican a month ago demanding an apology, but has so far has received no response.

Another man Joseph Magro, 38, claimed yesterday that he too had been abused by a priest at the same home when he was between 16 and 18. “I can never forget,” he said. “I want justice.”

No one was available to comment from the Maltese Catholic Church on the claims on Sunday.

At the weekend large billboards promoting the papal visit to Malta on April 17-18 were defaced by vandals who added a Hitler moustache to the Pope’s photograph and scrawled the word paedophile next to his image.

The papal visit is the first foreign trip that the Pope has made since fresh sex allegations in the Catholic Church emerged across Europe and the US, raising questions about his personal response to abusers both as Archbishop of Munich, and later as the head of the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

The Pope, who will have been pontiff for five years next Monday, is due to visit Britain in September. Leading atheists are considering taking legal action against him when he arrives, alleging that he conspired to cover-up paedophilia committed by some priets to protect the reputation of the church.
the men will be separated from the boys, the loyal from the traitors, the faithful from the apostate!!!
its ON lads!!!
Viva Crsto Rey!

I'd like to see them try.

[quote='  ZOG Mouthpiece,']Pope Benedict XVI’s planned two-day trip to Malta this week is set to be overshadowed by the paedophile scandal enveloping the Catholic Church, with victims of abuse on the island demanding that he meet them and apologise.[quote]

That's a mighty big scandal to cast such a long shadow.