Arrest the Pope? I rather think we should
(04-11-2010, 10:51 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 10:14 PM)Spooky Wrote:
(04-11-2010, 09:54 PM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: Where did Pinochet come into play here   ???

I think Dawkins and Friends are going to try to use the same law or statute against Pope Benedict that they used against Pinochet way back then (i don't even know who Pinochet is frankly).

Imagine though if the UK did have Pope Benedict arrested.... what do you guys think the world's reaction would be? Do you think most countries would condemn it? How about Obama, I wonder what he'd have to say on the subject. Would the Pope's guards physically prevent the British Police from arresting him? Or maybe he would just go quietly. Would England become the laughingstock of the world? Or the hero? What say you guys?

Well the first thing I would do if I were President is send in special teams in there and then nuke the effeminate brits to oblivion.

This would obviously not be the answer (and I acknowledge that you were probably joking).

I would say the world would be split right down the middle concerning if this happened.  The vast majority of those who claim Catholicism, whether liberals, neo-cons or Trads, will be outraged.  Some super-liberal "Catholics" would probably be indifferent.  The liberal left would be pleased, and many Protestant Fundamentalist would be as well, whether liberal, conservative or even ultra-conservative.  Evangelical Protestants would probably be split on the issue, depending on whether they are liberal or conservative, or hold a very deep resentment of the papacy.

Honestly, I can see something like this bringing the situation in the modern world to a head, meaning that this could be the beginning of what some call "The Great Chastisement." (although part of me believes we are living through the "Great Chastisement" right now, and for the past 45 years.  The loss of so many souls due to the advancement of a new religion that calls itself Catholicism, a new religion that operates in the very confines of the true Church, and has in a manner supressed the true religion, can be seen as a horrible spiritual chastisement - a chastisement caused by the Church being too lax concerning the modern world, allowing the "smoke of Satan" to enter the Church, and allowing man to worship himself instead of God).

Messages In This Thread
Re: Arrest the Pope? I rather think we should - by Nic - 04-12-2010, 07:25 AM