Judge: Dad can take daughter to Catholic church
(04-16-2010, 12:49 AM)Petertherock Wrote: This is why Catholics shouldn't marry other religions.

Yep.  This is why the Church rarely allowed it.
A perfect example as to why you should only get married and have a child with a fellow Catholic....Of course I realize there are some sucessful mixed marriages...but they are few and far between.
(04-13-2010, 08:11 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: "Joseph compared himself to Rosa Parks," Goldfarb said. "Joseph Reyes is no Rosa Parks."

You're right Goldfarb, he's not. He's got more guts. Rosa Parks was a coddled tool.
This is why I believe in a kind of pre-nuptial agreement.  As part of my agreeing to get married, I told my then fiance that the kids were to be raised Catholic.  If he couldn't have agreed, there would not have been a wedding. 
Ixnay on the intermarriageway.  >:(

The only two relationships I've been in were with non-Catholics and it was messy at best (first one was after I decided to convert and the second one was after my conversion).  Never again!
(05-11-2010, 03:45 PM)dumspirospero Wrote: A perfect example as to why you should only get married and have a child with a fellow Catholic....Of course I realize there are some sucessful mixed marriages...but they are few and far between.

I wonder whether there is a happy lasting marriage out there where a Catholic in good standing is married to a Wiccan?

Just curious how extreme it can get and still "work".
O Blessed Mother Mary reunite and restore this family in thy Son's Church for thou art the Queen of all hearts.
O Most Holy Mother of mankind destroy the great evils of divorce and marrige outside the Church especially by Catholics.