Verdict Reached in Boy Scout Sex Abuse Trial
So, the guy admitted to his Mormon bishop that he had molested 17 boys, but then remained a boy scout leader.  Notice that the Mormon Church settled their part early to stay out of the proceedings...the Mormons are usually pretty keen on the whole media and PR thing.  I wonder if the NY Times will investigate?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36471832/ns/...nd_courts/

When I was a young Boy Scout in the Mormon church, our Boy Scout leader molested 4 of my friends at a "camp out" at his house where I was present.  When it came out, the Mormon leaders (including the bishop) and all the parents of the boys in the troop (including my parents) had a meeting.  The Boy Scout leader acted sorry and contrite and it was decided to not turn him in to the authorities.  He was, however, removed as Boy Scout leader.  Well, as you might guess, about a week later he split out of town.  I'd be pretty surprised if he didn't go off somewhere else and molest more boys.  My parents have been conspiculously silent about the priest-pedophilia scandal... I figure it's because they are more than aware of the skeletons in their own closet.  Pedophilia is in every church, every organization, and they all have had their cover-ups.  Now it's time for us to pray that all these perverts are brought to light and to justice and that the filth is cleaned out not only of Holy Mother Church, but also of society.

Pax vobiscum,
Jesse

wonder how the NY Times will handle this story?  my guess is they won't play it up at all.  the Boy Scouts don't oppose abortion, euthanasia, and same sex marriage so they don't have too much interest in destroying them.
(04-14-2010, 01:47 AM)i.p.i. Wrote: wonder how the NY Times will handle this story?  my guess is they won't play it up at all.  the Boy Scouts don't oppose abortion, euthanasia, and same sex marriage so they don't have too much interest in destroying them.
Are you sure about this? I worked once with a Mormon lady and she indicated they were opposed to homosexual behaviour.
It has to be said:

These things would never happen if Boy Scout leaders were allowed to marry.
(04-15-2010, 01:46 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote: It has to be said:

These things would never happen if Boy Scout leaders were allowed to marry.

Not to mention we should have women scout leaders.